PDA

View Full Version : 57 Chevy....My grandpa's, and He does'nt remember much about it, so I need help..

Cowgirl
09-28-2012, 10:42 AM
I would like to sell, but have no idea other than what it says on title, I think, 350..in it..with mild cam, is all I got out of him....can you tell by mouldings, or anything to give me info..

Dont know what to ask for it, Im in Az..and I believe the car has been here the whole time..not sure....runs awesome, covered in garage,...

Im confused about 210 and Bel Air, can you have both or one or the other...Its a Bel Air....

Does this help??

any info would be helpful..:)

Cowgirl
09-28-2012, 11:16 AM
Well, I did manage to find a site to decode vin, so I know is a Oakland , CA car....Bel Air, v-8 and the sequence number...all the obvious...but dont know anymore...??

Tabasco
09-28-2012, 01:32 PM
That is a nice looking '57.

Here is a link to a website that may help determine the value of the car.
http://buyclassiccars.com/offsite.asp?site=http://collectorcarmarket.com/menus/makes.html

carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)
09-29-2012, 05:50 AM
you have one of the more popular models. it is a 2dr ht (2door hardtop). now is a buyers market, so you have to take that into consideration. most imporant is condition, condition and condition for value. that one looks pretty good, but sometimes pics don't show what you can't see. i like to take a look at ebay completed listings to get an idea of value.

Maddog
09-29-2012, 03:01 PM
Very nice 57, I'm surprised he doesn't remember much since the engine, alternator and power booster are relatively recent upgrades. The interior is dated, probably from the 80's but good shape. Overall very nice probably worth in the $28 to $32,000 range. Cars are slow to sell right now. Don't get in a hurry to sell cause you'll end up giving it away.

567chevys
09-30-2012, 08:57 AM
Hi Cowgirl
Try this :

Vin Tag (Vehicle Identification Number)

Digit Position Represents
---------------- -------------
Manufacturers name listed first- Chevrolet
#1------------------Engine & Size-V= V8

#2------------------Series-A= 150
B= 210
C= Bel Air
D= Sedan Delivery

#3 & #4-----------Year -55= 1955
-56= 1956
-57= 1957

#5------------------Assembly Plant
-A= Atlanta, GA -L=Los Angeles, CA
-B= Baltimore, MD -N=Norwood, OH
-F= Flint, MI -O=Oakland, CA
-J= Janesville, WI -S=St. Louis, MO
-K= Kansas City,MO -T=Tarrytown, NY

#6 - #11--------Sequential production number
(Sequential production numbers - The starting number for
1955-1956 was "1001". The starting number for 1957
was "10001").

Cowl Tag

The Cowl Tag gave corresponding information pertaining to the body:

Style No: Indicates the year and body style

Body No: Letters represent Fisher body plant. Numbers represent the body number at that plant.

Trim No: Indicates upholstery color.

Paint No: Indicates exterior paint color.

Top & Acc: Indicates options car may have had, but not all plants stamped this.

Cowgirl
09-30-2012, 12:15 PM
Hi Cowgirl
Try this :

Vin Tag (Vehicle Identification Number)

Digit Position Represents
---------------- -------------
Manufacturers name listed first- Chevrolet
#1------------------Engine & Size-V= V8

#2------------------Series-A= 150
B= 210
C= Bel Air
D= Sedan Delivery

#3 & #4-----------Year -55= 1955
-56= 1956
-57= 1957

#5------------------Assembly Plant
-A= Atlanta, GA -L=Los Angeles, CA
-B= Baltimore, MD -N=Norwood, OH
-F= Flint, MI -O=Oakland, CA
-J= Janesville, WI -S=St. Louis, MO
-K= Kansas City,MO -T=Tarrytown, NY

#6 - #11--------Sequential production number
(Sequential production numbers - The starting number for
1955-1956 was "1001". The starting number for 1957
was "10001").

Cowl Tag

The Cowl Tag gave corresponding information pertaining to the body:

Style No: Indicates the year and body style

Body No: Letters represent Fisher body plant. Numbers represent the body number at that plant.

Trim No: Indicates upholstery color.

Paint No: Indicates exterior paint color.

Top & Acc: Indicates options car may have had, but not all plants stamped this.

Thank you, after diggen around on internet, I did find that too, but having hard time figuring out whats in it....:( He does not remember, hes 82...and declining in health...so trying to find out on my own, Im very rural..here and not alot of people to help, me..

Cowgirl
09-30-2012, 12:18 PM
Very nice 57, I'm surprised he doesn't remember much since the engine, alternator and power booster are relatively recent upgrades. The interior is dated, probably from the 80's but good shape. Overall very nice probably worth in the $28 to $32,000 range. Cars are slow to sell right now. Don't get in a hurry to sell cause you'll end up giving it away.

Hes 82, and memory is getting worse, so I;m trying to get his things in order, need info on it, people ask whats in it, I say , I dont know, makes me look dumb..:) I say an engine..:) anyway thank you for all the replies, I will keep diggin around, managed to fine some numbers stamped on block, but super hard to read, does this help...Now I could be wrong,
t 15 0441 ?? not sure and I cant seem to google that...

Maddog
09-30-2012, 07:03 PM
Hes 82, and memory is getting worse, so I;m trying to get his things in order, need info on it, people ask whats in it, I say , I dont know, makes me look dumb..:) I say an engine..:) anyway thank you for all the replies, I will keep diggin around, managed to fine some numbers stamped on block, but super hard to read, does this help...Now I could be wrong,
t 15 0441 ?? not sure and I cant seem to google that...

You're wasting your time with the VIN etc, nothing special there. It's value lies in it's condition and model (2 door hardtop). It's worth what I stated earlier, anything over $28,ooo take it.

Cowgirl
10-01-2012, 02:37 PM
You're wasting your time with the VIN etc, nothing special there. It's value lies in it's condition and model (2 door hardtop). It's worth what I stated earlier, anything over $28,ooo take it.

Ok, thats why I ask, I guess it really doesnt matter whats under the hood since, he really does not remember that either..:) I will list and see what happens, at 25,000, need it sold..

Maddog
10-01-2012, 03:53 PM
Ok, thats why I ask, I guess it really doesnt matter whats under the hood since, he really does not remember that either..:) I will list and see what happens, at 25,000, need it sold..

Start higher for a couple reasons, 1) it's worth more 2) no matter how low you start some low baller will always offer you less.
Start at $29ooo

It has a newer 350 under the hood