PDA

View Full Version : 1956 Chevy 210 project

Corvette Buster
10-06-2012, 04:39 PM
I purchased this 1956 210 about 2 months ago, 8 hour round trip but it was worth it. Very solid car the trunk never had any rust ever. The rocker panels were replaced and done right. The doors and front fenders were rust free, and the hood needed a little work. The frame is very solid. This car was all apart, no glass, no interior. It came with new chrome for the nose minus front bumper, side chrome is all there and most of the front and rear windshield trim. The rear bumper is very solid but needs rechrome. I found a new show chrome bumper for the rear. It came with a 350 small block and a turbo 400 auto trans. The car is at the body shop getting ready for a paint, and will be done right. I have been collecting new parts for this car. I'm not using the drive train that came with the car. I got a real good deal on a New ZZ4 355 Chevy turn key crate engine from Chevy. Now I'm looking for a 700r4 trans to put in, Vintage air, and raingear wiper system. I also purchased a CPP tilt column, and CPP Power steering box along with 2'' drop spindle kit with drilled rotors and disc brake calipers. I also have another 1956 Chevy 210 that I purchased last year that was a done car. I know I have alot to do on this car when I get it back from the body shop. I'm putting it together all by myself, with a bad back. I will post some photos as I go .

My other toys
1956 Chevy 210
1976 Corvette T-TOP
2012 GMC Sierra crew cab

Run-em
10-06-2012, 10:15 PM
Welcome Corvette Buster. Sounds like a heck of a plan. Be careful on the back.

carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)
10-07-2012, 06:26 AM
hi buster and welcome. good to have you here. good looking project, have fun with it. the complete 56 looks great too.

56-210Sedan
10-07-2012, 06:40 AM
Welcome to the site, Corvette Buster

chevynut
10-07-2012, 08:12 AM
Welcome to Trifivechevys corvette buster. Before you spend a ton of money on aftermarket frame bolt-ons, have you considered a C4 corvette suspension conversion? It would make your car a real "corvette buster". :)

Check out my website below, and my ad in the classifieds. They're more affordable than you may think.

567chevys
10-07-2012, 09:12 AM
Welcome to the site Corvette Buster,
Nice introduction , I hope you enjoy the site . your starting out with a nice project !! you also have a very nice finish 56

Corvette Buster
10-19-2012, 06:35 PM
Yeah, thanks. The engine finally came in and I'll be posting some pictures. As for my back, I'm out of commission again, did too much at one time. Should be back up and running in a day or so.

Corvette Buster
10-19-2012, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the welcome. The engine finally came in. I will be posting pictures of it as I go along.

Corvette Buster
10-19-2012, 06:44 PM
I spoke to you thru the other site last year, Tri-Five.com. I was really planning on finding a 55 Chevy to put one of your frames under, but due to my back surgery I was out of commission a long time. So I happened to run across another 56 Chevy that I couldn't pass up, and right now I'm really thinking about one of your chasis. I'll be in touch. The new engine came in for the car, and I'll be posting pictures of it soon. And how's your project coming along?

Corvette Buster
10-19-2012, 06:46 PM
Thank you. I'm also want to find a 55 chevy but I'm having a hard time finding something that's real solid. I don't have the time to waste on these rust buckets.

chevynut
10-20-2012, 08:31 AM
CorvetteBuster, what model of '55 are you looking for and what price range? I've seen a few around here, and my brother is in Montana and sees them quite often. Maybe we could find you a car, build a C4 frame for it, and sell the whole works to you. :)

Corvette Buster
10-24-2012, 04:42 PM
Hi Chevynut, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I pulled my back out and was out of commision. I posted an add in my area for wanted to buy 1955 or 57 Chevy 2 door post, and have recieved several calls, and hope to see some of these cars. What I'm looking for is a 1955 2 door post that is a nice solid car, or one that someone did all the hard work, as long as it dosen't look like a jigsaw puzzle. A project car that is all apart is also good, I don't need the drive train, I just want a good foundation to start with. And for the price I'm willing to pay for a car that is priced acording to it's condition. I have someone who is interested on my done 1956, if it goes then I'm going to get one of your chassis and put it under the 1956 project car, and be done with it. Talk to you soon, and that is one great Nomad your building.

chevynut
10-25-2012, 09:26 AM
Except for the eyebrows, this one looks fairly solid. Price seems high though....and it's a 150.

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/3314427562.html

567chevys
10-25-2012, 09:48 AM
Here is one in oregon

Here we go again, someone with nothing better to do than flag I will keep reposting so go ahead and keep on top of list jackass
Time to let go of another project. This is a 2 door 55 210 model. No motor or trans, needs floor and trunk work. Trunk floor cut out ready for your tubbed hot rod. Has most parts and rear seat. All stainless is present. No windshield (why would you not replace it anyway) and no door glass, NO front seat. Rolls good this is a full restoration project. Good Oregon title, If I cannot get $3000 for it I will not sell. For an extra $1000 I have right and left floor halves front to back full length, front seat and trunk replacement. Would consider a 59 elcamino in similar shape for trade, must have good title. 541-466-5558

chevynut
10-31-2012, 10:09 AM
http://cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/3372398080.html

Not clear what all comes with it.