PDA

View Full Version : Today's progress

stroker
12-03-2012, 10:41 PM
Wanna thank chevynut, Rick L, and warran57 for their input to my query about washer pumps. I had stuff to clean today so I went out and removed the filter and the pump worked just fine. The three way valve works perfect so I can use brush, spout, or both. I don't like being beat so the battle isn't over yet. I'm still going to find a way to use the filter when I have time. I'll add I have previously put a raised screen in the tank so most of the debris drops through it to the bottom of the tank, and I have a large filter before the intake on the pump. I just want that clear look to the solvent. Yes, it's stoddard. I'd love to be green, but green don't clean. I grow a beard by the time the aquaus ? stuff works. Anyway, after that I finished preping the interior side of the firewall, primed and sealed it. Removed the sealer from the joints on the cowl and door pillers and will redo them with the 3m body sealer I bought. After a bit of spot blasting tomorrow I will prep and primer the engine side of the firewall.

chevynut
12-04-2012, 07:52 AM
Looking good! Where do you get your stoddard solvent...especially in CA?

smooth 56
12-04-2012, 02:01 PM
Look's good stroker.Look's to be a vary solid car,wish I could have been so lucky lol. Keep up the good work.

stroker
12-05-2012, 06:33 AM
Got the stoddards from the Auto warehouse years ago before they went out of business. Down to my last 7 or so gallons. Taking the motorhome to Quartsite Ariz. in January and hope to score some of the things we can't buy in Calif. any more.