PDA

View Full Version : 56 Chevy fenderwell headers

56frank
12-22-2012, 05:56 PM
Hey everyone good evening! I'm looking for some thought on headers. My plan is to run fenderwell headers on a 327 in a 56 Chevy and I'm wondering what kind of experiences you've had. Hookers, Dougs, Sanderson etc.? Fit and finish, quality?

Rick_L
12-22-2012, 06:22 PM
I think the only ones out there are Hooker and maybe Stahl.

Fenderwell headers are not very practical to connect mufflers to if you have a street legal car.

Maddog
12-22-2012, 09:01 PM
check speedway

Larry 56 pro st vette
01-06-2013, 12:10 PM
Hey everyone good evening! I'm looking for some thought on headers. My plan is to run fenderwell headers on a 327 in a 56 Chevy and I'm wondering what kind of experiences you've had. Hookers, Dougs, Sanderson etc.? Fit and finish, quality?

Hey 56 frank , currently I'am looking @ going with Fenderwell headers too. I have a IFS and the car sits low to the ground I'am running 3" exhaust under the frame Instead of running it through the X frame . Have you had any luck with header applications to date ? Iam in contact with Stahl out of York PA. I did a body off a while back and don't want to cut the stock frame or body, but want to drive the car on the street on occasion -so I need some type of Muffler set up .

56frank
01-15-2013, 05:39 PM
Hi Larry. To date my father and I have restored some Chevelles and Camaros and we always went with Hooker hands down. He's been using Hooker for years and I just bought a pair for my 72 Chevelle and they're beautiful! This is going to be our first tri five build and I wanted to be a bit more period correct to the 60's gasser, fenderwell scene. My thoughts are either Stahl or Jardine fenderwells. And, since I started this thread my plans have changed and I acquired a 409 motor to rebuild. So now I really threw myself for a loop because as far as I know no one makes a tri five fenderwell header for the 409. I have to finish my 72 first and then I think my first inquiry would be to Stahl for sure to see if they could help. I think a pair of Stahl headers would be amazing and period correct for sure!!!

Larry 56 pro st vette
01-17-2013, 06:44 PM
Hi Larry. To date my father and I have restored some Chevelles and Camaros and we always went with Hooker hands down. He's been using Hooker for years and I just bought a pair for my 72 Chevelle and they're beautiful! This is going to be our first tri five build and I wanted to be a bit more period correct to the 60's gasser, fenderwell scene. My thoughts are either Stahl or Jardine fenderwells. And, since I started this thread my plans have changed and I acquired a 409 motor to rebuild. So now I really threw myself for a loop because as far as I know no one makes a tri five fenderwell header for the 409. I have to finish my 72 first and then I think my first inquiry would be to Stahl for sure to see if they could help. I think a pair of Stahl headers would be amazing and period correct for sure!!!

Hello Frank , The older I get the more I like the old or nostalgia look , I found a 2006 Catalog from Stahl they offer a 348/409 header ,but the year states 58-64 . They go through the fenderwell and wrap back under frame to the collectors they offer 1 3/4 " - 1 7/8" and or 2" tube size . The Header # is #121. I recently sent Judy @ STAHL some questions about overall fit for my sm block vette , if the reply sounds good , I will get a pair before Spring arrives . I thought about Jet Hot coatings once I fit them on the car , however I found a place just over the state line in Illinois that does all sorts of coatings -so I will give them a try . Once I get the fenderwell headers ,I'll be sure to let you know just how good they actually fit and what Mods were needed if any . Later