PDA

View Full Version : Hello and Merry Christmas from Sunny Lavon, Texas in the middle of a snow storm!

Wayne Meuir
12-25-2012, 01:09 PM
My name is Wayne Meuir and this is my first post and this is the first white Christmas in Lavon, Texas in a while. Lavon is about 30 miles NE of Dallas, and it is snowing like mad right now.
I am an old guy who has had lots of old cars in the past but none in several years. Just decided to buy a 55-57 Chevy as soon as I can find one that works for me. I sold my last 4 cars in 2005 when I moved to my new house and lost my storage. I had, at that time, a 69 Z28 show car (NEVER again will I own a show car), a 67 Mustang conv, a 57 Ford Custom 300 Hot Rod and a 57 Ford Sedan Delivery. I also had a collection of about a dozen or so old 2 stroke street bikes from the 60's and 70's and I have now gotten rid of all but three of those, a 1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Triple, a 1976 Suzuki GT750 Waterbuffalo, and a 1984 Yamaha RZ350.

I am looking for a 55-57 Chevy that is a good driver, not perfect but presentable, and I am not looking to spend $50K. Preferably a 2 door post, sedan delivery, or 2 door wagon, but I am too old and too slow to tackle any kind of project other than minor mechanical or cosmetic stuff. I am also a 4-speed guy, so I would rather just buy one that already has a 4-speed than to have to go to the trouble of converting it.

I used to do all my own body and paint work, but it has been a while, so I doubt I will do any of that now. Never did any of my own upholstery work. Still do all my own mechanical and electrical work, and that is why I absolutely HATE modern cars. I don't even recognize half the stuff under the hood of my '09 Chevy truck.

Looking forward to learning from you guys who are experts here.

Wayne

smooth 56
12-25-2012, 01:22 PM
Hi Wayne welcome to the site,hope you can find what you are looking for.

WagonCrazy
12-25-2012, 01:38 PM
Welcome to the site Wayne. There are several of these tri-5 sites on the internet, and this one is one of the newer ones...but alot of the guys on here have been at it for quite a while...so there's a very talented brain pool here.

Glad to hear you're coming "back home" to a tri-5 soon!

Merry Christmas,

Paul

NickP
12-25-2012, 01:52 PM
Welcome aboard Fellow Texan!

567chevys
12-25-2012, 06:24 PM
Welcome aboard Wayne ,
Nice introduction,
Hope you find a good 55-57 Chevy are you looking for a project or driver ?

Thanks Sid

Rick_L
12-25-2012, 07:32 PM
Welcome Wayne, I've actually been to Lavon. I used to live in Garland at the other end of the Lavon highway.

chevynut
12-25-2012, 08:39 PM
Welcome to the site Wayne. Hope you find the car you're looking for.

Wayne Meuir
01-02-2013, 09:51 AM
Sid, I am looking for a driver. I am too dang old for a project car anymore and after owning a 69 Camaro show car, I will NEVER own another show car. I am done with worrying about every little speck of dirt and little kids finger print. I want something I can drive and enjoy and if it gets a normal wear mark, then well, that's the breaks, it's just a car.

Wayne