PDA

View Full Version : New guy

shua57
01-02-2013, 10:41 AM
Well, got a email from Chevynut about the site today, thought I would join up. A little about me......from Kentucky, been here most my life. Always wanted a 57 since I was young, bought a 55 4door for my first car which I hand built with about no tools. Ended up selling it before I got it finished. After getting married and having 2 kids I finally found a trashed 57 for $250. It sat around and after buying a house it followed me. I built a garage to start tearing it apart and ended up buying a guy out of 7 more 57 Chevys. Spent 9 months in my garage after work and on the weekends cutting, welding, fabbing and bleeding and finally built my 57 to a point I could drive it. Now it sits, waiting for this or that to be done but I can jump in it any time to drive it. I'll finish it one of these days and have been working on it when I can. Between college (for my Mechanical Engineering degree) and work and remodeling the house and.......it's been a little busy.
So, I've always been a classic car guy and my collection proves it. In the stables is my 57 Chevy 210 2 door (I'll tell a little bit about it in a sec), I gave my oldest son a 68 Chevy PU, out of the 8 57's I owned I sold them all except mine and gave my youngest a complete 57 4 door Belair all original and finally I gave my wife a 68 Camaro (still yet to be restored by me). All of my vehicles are in some state of restoration, the truck is in the garage first due to my son being 16 and I like to teach my kids to earn it, it's a responsibility thing. My youngest will be starting on his 57 in a few months and then the camaro will be worked on.
That's about it, oh, forgot... I like beer.
Josh

chevynut
01-02-2013, 11:02 AM
Welcome to the site Josh!!! Glad you decided to join.

Good luck with that engineering degree. How much longer til you're done?

shua57
01-02-2013, 11:32 AM
Laszlo, I'm doing this while still pulling 30 at work so it is moving slow....if I had to guess probably 3 years. I'm knocking out all 4 calcs ( 3 and 4 left), both chems are done, starting physics and calc 3 this semester and a few core classes that are required.
Josh

chevynut
01-02-2013, 11:40 AM
Josh, hang in there. It will be the best investment you ever made in your life. It took me 6 1/2 years to get my degree, working FULL time and taking as many classes as I could. Ended up with a divorce right when I finished in 1983 (guess the bitch figured she could get more out of me if I had a degree in hand), but in the end it's been worth it. My junior year classes (300 -level) were the toughest. We had really high attrition in the engineering college, and many moved on to construction management. I just retired from my engineering career, and now trying to start a small business for some spending money. LOL!

Good luck!

56-210Sedan
01-02-2013, 05:15 PM
Hi Josh, welcome to the site.

shua57
01-03-2013, 12:04 PM
Will do Laszlo. I actually enjoy it so it works out.
Thanks 56-210Sedan.
Josh

carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)
01-07-2013, 05:52 AM
:) hi josh and welcome. good to have you here.

NickP
01-07-2013, 07:48 AM
Welcome aboard!

shua57
01-09-2013, 04:28 AM
Hey Carl, how have you been?
Hey Nick, good to hear from you guys again.
Josh

Bluegrass Trifive
01-09-2013, 05:52 PM
Welcome aboard neighbor! I currently live in Georgetown, originally from Science Hill. I used to travel through Brodhead every day to work in Berea.

shua57
01-10-2013, 08:18 AM
Hello Bluegrass Trifive. Thanks for the welcome. I only sleep in Brodhead, spend most my time in Lexington working and college...lol.
Josh