PDA

View Full Version : Security cameras for the garage

Bihili
01-08-2013, 01:22 PM
I am not interested in buying a bigger dog or more guns or fake cameras or security signs
but would like your opinion about do it yourself security system for house but most importantly the garage.
I have been spending some time at GarageJournal.com. and have picked up a few tips.
Most of my valuable stuff is in my garage more than inside the house, I was thinking motion sensor cameras would be my best option.
Your thoughts?

smooth 56
01-08-2013, 02:17 PM
I like the idea I have the adt full set up like you said lot's of valuable stuff in the garage. I would hate it if someone broke into my garage they sure would get a lot tool's.When I built my shop I didn't put any window's in so people couldn't see what was in there that being said it probley just makes them want to get in that much more.

chevynut
01-08-2013, 02:44 PM
Just go buy a couple of hunting trail cameras and put them in your shop. You can get an A/C adapter so you don't need to change batteries all the time. Also, I think you can set some of them up to only take pics/video at certain times of the day. They're not very expensive and there are a lot of choices. I put a couple up every time I go on vacation for a while.

Maybe there's similar stuff out there made for home surveillance, but I haven't seen it.

vabeach56wagon
05-16-2013, 05:29 PM
One of my security company clients specializes in residential and commercial surveillance systems, from the simple to the most complex. Most of the systems today can utilize the web to give you the opportunity to monitor your cameras on a live stream and to record on the basis of motion. A typical installed system with military grade night vision cameras will cost in the neighborhood of $900 per camera which includes the recorder. They will amortize a portion of the cost over a 3-year contract. All you need is a high speed router and you can monitor your property from wherever and know that any motion will be captured for at least 30 days or more.

paul

Maddog
05-16-2013, 06:49 PM
Thieves target security cameras, they steal the cameras and sell them to companies that sell and repair them. My friends business has them stolen regularly, they have to climb up about 15' on the side of a tilt up building but they manage to cut the cables and take them.

carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)
05-17-2013, 06:04 AM
camera is not a bad idea, but should be used with a security system of some kind. motion spots lights are a good thing to.