PDA

View Full Version : Electronic to mechanical speedometer Adapter

jo 56 vert
04-17-2013, 10:47 AM
I have a 56 chevy with a 350 enging and 350TH transmission in it, with a 3.55 rear end,I have a stock speedometer in it and the speedometer jumps all over the place after 25 mph any advice on how to and what to use to convert it to a Electronic to mechanical speedometer Thanks Joe

JT56
04-17-2013, 11:32 AM
I have a 56 chevy with a 350 enging and 350TH transmission in it, with a 3.55 rear end,I have a stock speedometer in it and the speedometer jumps all over the place after 25 mph any advice on how to and what to use to convert it to a Electronic to mechanical speedometer Thanks Joe

Most want to convert an electronic transmission to mechanical speedometer. Ecklers part number 19-181 $400. However your having issues with your speedo. Ecklers does have a mechanical speedometer calibrator part number 19-180 $100.

chevynut
04-17-2013, 12:13 PM
If your mechanical speedometer is jumping around it's probably due to a bad or sticky speedometer cable. Remove the cable, clean and lube it, and reinstall. That will probably take care of it.

I'm not sure what you're saying here: "any advice on how to and what to use to convert it to a Electronic to mechanical speedometer".

Rick_L
04-17-2013, 05:13 PM
I think that Autometer and the other gauge companies can supply you an electronic sending unit that screws right on the transmission. Or you can use a cable of any reasonable length. Electronic speedos are very nice compared to mechanical ones.

JT56
04-17-2013, 06:49 PM
If your mechanical speedometer is jumping around it's probably due to a bad or sticky speedometer cable. Remove the cable, clean and lube it, and reinstall. That will probably take care of it.

I'm not sure what you're saying here: "any advice on how to and what to use to convert it to a Electronic to mechanical speedometer".

I would try lube first and see if that fixes the problem.

jo 56 vert
04-18-2013, 10:11 AM
Thanks for all your input I will try the lube . thanks again. Joe