PDA

View Full Version : More interior progress

chevynut
06-21-2013, 02:19 PM
I've been finding a little time between yard work, building the new shop addition, camping/fishing, and building frames, and I've made more progress on my rear seat and my console. I have the seat plywood attachment features installed, braced the rear seat frame, made a wood pattern for my full-length console, and built the base and roughed out the sides. The console is going to be aluminum...Rick, don't ask "why aluminum" :).

The seat frame is removable, and is plenty sturdy with the cross-bracing I've done. The console is going to be about 8 1/2" wide in between the front seats, and narrow to about 7 1/2" between the rear seats and it will be in two pieces for ease of installation and removal. I'm trying to use an OEM lid and box so I don't have to build all of that from scratch. The profile in the pics is just something I've been messing with, and may not be the final profile. But the bottom is trimmed to match the floor. I'm planning on putting a touch-screen stereo just below the glove box, but I'm concerned about the Vintage Air outlets there. Wish VA wouldn't have screwed me over on the evaporator unit. Too late to change now. :(

Slowly, but SURELY!!!

Rick_L
06-21-2013, 04:01 PM
OK, I won't ask why it's aluminum.

Are you going to leave the aluminum bare? Painted? Upholstery over it?

chevynut
06-21-2013, 06:18 PM
It's going to be completely covered in carpet and leather and some sort of trim that I haven't figured out yet.

Still working out interior colors but I think I'm close to picking them...at least I have a direction. Trying to figure out how to bring the exterior color into the car too.

Run-em
06-22-2013, 09:56 AM
Looks like you're having too much fun, Laszlo! Good progress.

NickP
06-22-2013, 01:14 PM
Looks pretty kool!

carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)
06-23-2013, 06:08 AM
nice, looking forward to seeing more as you go. :cool:

Bihili
06-24-2013, 07:05 AM
It's going to be completely covered in carpet and leather and some sort of trim that I haven't figured out yet.

Still working out interior colors but I think I'm close to picking them...at least I have a direction. Trying to figure out how to bring the exterior color into the car too.

Since the exterior will be two tone consider having the interior done in three colors. Just an idea.

chevynut
06-26-2013, 09:51 PM
Well I gave up on the OEM console lid and box I had, and bought a different one off eBay. The one I had fit better in width, but it was too long and thick and was causing me some design issues, so I found another one. I bought it with the box and entire console back-end, but it turns out the box is really small....so I'm not going to use it. The lid is going to have to be widened with some more dense foam to make it fit better, but the length is about right. I am going to build a custom box that's to my liking, and it has to clear my ECM that's between the box and the shifter. I keep finding things I have to build, and sometimes I wonder if I'll ever finish this car.:eek:

This is the box and lid I was going to use, but I decided I didn't like it....for one,the lid is too thick and it's also too long.

And Bill, yes I will be doing 3 tone...maybe 4 or 5 if I count the design accents and chrome stuff.

56-210Sedan
06-28-2013, 07:43 AM
Well I gave up on the OEM console lid and box I had, and bought a different one off eBay. The one I had fit better in width, but it was too long and thick and was causing me some design issues, so I found another one. I bought it with the box and entire console back-end, but it turns out the box is really small....so I'm not going to use it. The lid is going to have to be widened with some more dense foam to make it fit better, but the length is about right. I am going to build a custom box that's to my liking, and it has to clear my ECM that's between the box and the shifter. I keep finding things I have to build, and sometimes I wonder if I'll ever finish this car.:eek:

This is the box and lid I was going to use, but I decided I didn't like it....for one,the lid is too thick and it's also too long.

And Bill, yes I will be doing 3 tone...maybe 4 or 5 if I count the design accents and chrome stuff.

One thing i know for sure, it will look good when it is completed, nice work Laszlo.