PDA

View Full Version : film in new radiator

reborn55
07-11-2013, 07:21 AM
Finally got my car going after some upgrades. Put a recored(3 core) in car, new antifreeze--ran the car approximately 30 miles calibrating new gauges--speedo etc. dialing in A/C and so on. Pulled radiator cap and had a white film on the bottom of cap and some floating in coolant. Drained system and fluid looked clean with no film like substance. Cleaned what I could off the inside of the tank--most of it stuck to the top and sides of tank. Ran about 4 gallons of water through the radiator while running the motor. refilled with water and let it set overnight---pulled cap off and had white substance on it agina and the inside of the tank ahd a slight build up on it again. Had no problems wtih the motor or coolant when I started all upgrades in November. Only thing changed on motor was tintake manifold, has no cooler--4speed car--original top and bottom radiator tank with new core. Am thinking some lefover stuff from the recoring process--radiator guy doesn't yet agree. Any other insight woould be appreciated. Going to get some flush and pull t-stat housing tonight and see what is there
thanks

Bluegrass Trifive
07-11-2013, 08:40 AM
Finally got my car going after some upgrades. Put a recored(3 core) in car, new antifreeze--ran the car approximately 30 miles calibrating new gauges--speedo etc. dialing in A/C and so on. Pulled radiator cap and had a white film on the bottom of cap and some floating in coolant. Drained system and fluid looked clean with no film like substance. Cleaned what I could off the inside of the tank--most of it stuck to the top and sides of tank. Ran about 4 gallons of water through the radiator while running the motor. refilled with water and let it set overnight---pulled cap off and had white substance on it agina and the inside of the tank ahd a slight build up on it again. Had no problems wtih the motor or coolant when I started all upgrades in November. Only thing changed on motor was tintake manifold, has no cooler--4speed car--original top and bottom radiator tank with new core. Am thinking some lefover stuff from the recoring process--radiator guy doesn't yet agree. Any other insight woould be appreciated. Going to get some flush and pull t-stat housing tonight and see what is there
thanks Auto Trans? Trans cooler could be leaking into radiator tank? I've had trouble with those before.

reborn55
07-11-2013, 08:50 AM
No cooler factory standard trans radiator--has 4 speed

Run-em
07-11-2013, 08:58 AM
Water in the engine oil?

reborn55
07-11-2013, 09:22 AM
None at all

reborn55
07-12-2013, 08:47 AM
Flushed system again last night---all liquid came out clear as could be. Film is stuck to the top and sides of top tank. Cleaned off as best I could--filled with new anti-freeze ran for while--litle bit of stuff floating aroud. Pulled t-stat and no film around it or in the intake water runner area. Leaning toward left over junk from new recore. Will monitor it over the next few miles and see what happens--fairly confident no engine problems though.
thanks