PDA

View Full Version : classic instruments cluster

reborn55
08-10-2013, 07:54 AM
Have the Belara dash from Classic instruments in my 55 and when you turn the dash lights on there is a shadow cast on the right side of the cluster making very hard to read the temperature gauge at night. Talked to tech and guys at Street Rod Nationals and they were not aware of the problem seems as though the bulb in the bottom of the cluster is offset and causing the shadow. Has any else encountered this problem and what could fix it. they said they have a new circuit board coming out in a little while that should help. thanks 2208

56-210Sedan
08-10-2013, 08:36 AM
Have the Belara dash from Classic instruments in my 55 and when you turn the dash lights on there is a shadow cast on the right side of the cluster making very hard to read the temperature gauge at night. Talked to tech and guys at Street Rod Nationals and they were not aware of the problem seems as though the bulb in the bottom of the cluster is offset and causing the shadow. Has any else encountered this problem and what could fix it. they said they have a new circuit board coming out in a little while that should help. thanks 2208

Almost sounds like a production flaw for that one particular cluster as i have not heard others mention this problem, and i do know of others using this setup.

reborn55
08-10-2013, 08:12 PM
Talked with 2 other people with the same cluster in their 55 tonight and they are experiencing the same problem, but got used to it. I can't get used to the idea of not seeing all the gauges at night.