PDA

View Full Version : Dealer's decades-old, low-mileage Chevys to hit auction block after idling in storage

Bihili
08-20-2013, 12:49 PM
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/vintage-chevy-auction-deal-low-143408479.html

be sure to watch video

NickP
08-20-2013, 03:43 PM
Must have a whale of a fuel tank to sit and idle all of this time.............................................. ...........................:D

Rick_L
08-20-2013, 05:25 PM
After all the hype on the internet, I'm anxious to see some candid description of how this deal goes off when it does. My thought is that most of this stuff has been hoarded/held too long to be special or bring big $$$$. I'm curious if there will be true exceptions. I don't think there will be many if any.

carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)
08-21-2013, 05:43 AM
would luv to go to that one. :cool:

markm
08-21-2013, 06:16 AM
I am so over this story it has been way overplayed on the net, I have seen countless post by dumbasses about "Lenos People" being there. These are not unusual cars or limited production model for the most part, they are orphan models like the Cameo with the smashed roof and six banger three on the tree. Most dealers would have discounted them and moved on, what I have been trying to figure out is if this guy was laundering money or something else to keep the doors open

smooth 56
08-21-2013, 06:37 AM
Yeah I don't think they will bring all the money they think.All those car's will have to be gone threw even though they have no miles on them,witch I think will hurt the price.I know I wouldn't give top dollar for a car I was going to have to rebuild.