PDA

View Full Version : Question about turn signals

craig32
01-28-2011, 07:36 AM
Greetings all, I recently purchased a 56 pickup with some 'mods' that I'm going to remove. First off, it has a 4WD unit that is too wide to pass inspection here. It also has a newer column in it that has ignition and dimmer switch on it. I have a new (used obviously) front axle, as well as the stock column. My first thought is to wean the existing column of the ign. and dimmer, I have already bought said items. After I change the axle and put the original (style) column in, I will have to sort out the turn signals. The PO also put in a new wiring harness, so nothing will be matching colors to the original, or pluging into the original socket. The thing is, the column is a 57, and there is a signal wiring harness listed for 55-56, and a different (more expensive) one for 57-59.

So, my question is - 'Does the 56 and 57 switch mount the same?' Is the only difference in how the other end attaches to the wiring (as in different plug) or is the unit that screws into the head of the column different? I don't want to get the one for the truck to find that it doesn't work in this column, and I don't want the one that costs twice as much with a different plug, just to cut the plug off. Anyone familiar with these? Thanks!

Craig