PDA

View Full Version : Winter Project Dart Stroker

JT56
11-26-2013, 06:29 PM
It sat in pieces from 1987 to 2011. Well started today on taking apart my car! I am installing a Dart SHP, AFR 220 competition heads, Comp Cams hydro roller and valve train, 4340 Eagle rotating assembly, H Beams with dual keys on crank, ATI ect...This motor is built for the DISC Procharger like I have always wanted. Will post some progress pics. I am also painting the fenders, under hood and firewall to match the exterior color. Out with the old and in with the new! Let the fun begin!

NickP
11-26-2013, 07:55 PM
Keep us posted, very kool!

carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)
11-27-2013, 06:00 AM
looking good, thank for sharing.

chevynut
11-27-2013, 06:39 AM
It's always fun to upgrade. Should be a great engine. What is a "DISC Procharger"? Are you supercharging it? And what are "dual keys"? Sorry, I'm a little out of it when it comes to some of this engine stuff.

JT56
11-27-2013, 06:51 AM
It's always fun to upgrade. Should be a great engine. What is a "DISC Procharger"? Are you supercharging it? And what are "dual keys"? Sorry, I'm a little out of it when it comes to some of this engine stuff.

Its a centrifugal supercharger. The SC is for self contained. No need to tap the oil pan. Due to the load on the end of the crank, the manufacture suggest installing dual keys.

Bihili
11-27-2013, 09:13 AM
Great winter project.

chevynut
11-27-2013, 11:03 AM
Thanks JT. I know what a Procharger is but I didn't know what "DISC" meant. Should be a screamer.

JT56
01-12-2014, 08:56 PM
2843Here is some update pics. Fire Wall Painted, Motor installed, working on changes with stroker motor. Cant wait

567chevys
01-13-2014, 06:48 AM
SWEET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sid

JT56
01-13-2014, 07:40 PM
More Progress to this evening. Was able to finish the a/c lines and fire wall plate. Then installed the new fuel lines, brackets for a/c, alternator, crank pulley. For some reason the new Weiand water pump is hitting the pulley. It didn't hit on the old water pump? Did shim out 1/8 inch, but still hitting. Worried nothing will line up and spin the belts if I do more! Also need to look at accelerator setup. Carb sits higher and original rod doesn't work. I dont like the brake lines stuff, will look at doing something to clean up. I have the CPP MCVP1

neeneeed 28442845284628472848

NickP
01-22-2014, 11:41 AM
More Progress to this evening. Was able to finish the a/c lines and fire wall plate. Then installed the new fuel lines, brackets for a/c, alternator, crank pulley. For some reason the new Weiand water pump is hitting the pulley. It didn't hit on the old water pump? Did shim out 1/8 inch, but still hitting. Worried nothing will line up and spin the belts if I do more! Also need to look at accelerator setup. Carb sits higher and original rod doesn't work. I dont like the brake lines stuff, will look at doing something to clean up. I have the CPP MCVP1

neeneeed 28442845284628472848

Is it finished yet?

JT56
01-22-2014, 07:57 PM
Not yet. Painted the inner fenders today! Will post pics soon. I hope to have it back on the road in a two weeks three at the most.

JT56
02-11-2014, 06:04 AM
Well progress has been a little slow! Cold weather, rain ect...Also been studying for my LEED certification. Well I did get the evap controls done on the VA Gen IV system and calibrated them last night. It was good to hear a blower motor going! I will posting some pics of this install soon.

NickP
02-11-2014, 06:17 AM
BTW, Congrats on the LEED Cert!

boz2318
02-13-2014, 05:39 AM
Congrats hearing it come to life is always fun.
What kind of work do you do that you need a LEED certification?

Later,
Kev

chevynut
02-13-2014, 07:42 AM
I am also curious what a LEED certification is.

Hey Kevin, did Mike ever finish that 55 Convertible?

JT56
02-13-2014, 10:11 AM
Its from the USGBC which stands for United States Green Building Council. The LEED certification is for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design. I work as a consultant for a financial firm with their data centers. The client wants the managers on the account to be LEED certified...so I studied and passed.

Run-em
02-13-2014, 05:46 PM
Does this mean that your Chevy will be going green? Electric motors & lithium batteries "N" all?

JT56
02-13-2014, 06:16 PM
Does this mean that your Chevy will be going green? Electric motors & lithium batteries "N" all?

No Sir! That is what made it difficult to pass the test, because I dont believe in all of it!

chevynut
02-13-2014, 07:39 PM
Just look at how this so-called "global warming" is turning out. The Great Lakes are just about to freeze over which rarely happens, 21 people have died in the southeast due to rare winter storms with snow and ice, and the whole midwest and eastern half of the US is frozen. It's been a cold winter for most of the US. The antarctic ice has been expanding for years, and two ships got frozen in it this winter. What a total crock of horseshit the libtards are trying to cram down our throats with this "global warming" crap.

JT56
02-14-2014, 05:24 AM
Just look at how this so-called "global warming" is turning out. The Great Lakes are just about to freeze over which rarely happens, 21 people have died in the southeast due to rare winter storms with snow and ice, and the whole midwest and eastern half of the US is frozen. It's been a cold winter for most of the US. The antarctic ice has been expanding for years, and two ships got frozen in it this winter. What a total crock of horseshit the libtards are trying to cram down our throats with this "global warming" crap.

That is why the term "Climate Change" is being used now! Without going into a bunch of it the main purpose is people, planet and profit. There are a couple of credits I do agree with. One is "Open Space" and "Sustainable Sites". Open Space tries to keep existing lands from being built on...wetlands, parks, farmland ect. I am not a hunter, but I do enjoy the outdoors and all the things with it. The Sustainable Sites refers to strategies to limit the negative effect on the environment. One problem is we wont have much "Open Space" if we continue with this population explosion!

NickP
02-14-2014, 06:50 AM
That is why the term "Climate Change" is being used now! Without going into a bunch of it the main purpose is people, planet and profit. There are a couple of credits I do agree with. One is "Open Space" and "Sustainable Sites". Open Space tries to keep existing lands from being built on...wetlands, parks, farmland ect. I am not a hunter, but I do enjoy the outdoors and all the things with it. The Sustainable Sites refers to strategies to limit the negative effect on the environment. One problem is we wont have much "Open Space" if we continue with this population explosion!

Ya got it BackAssWards - It's PROFIT, Planet and People.

JT56
02-14-2014, 08:22 AM
Yes Nick its all for profit! The hypocrisy is the left like to bring up Big Oil and Defense Contractors about the right, but the left have their hands into the Global Warming, Going Green ect...Like someone said before, these politicians should be required to wear patches of their sponsors just as the nascar drivers do!!!

JT56
02-19-2014, 08:30 PM
Well its ALIVE!!!! Went around the block....man this thing is a beast! My battery decided to take a crap sitting for a couple of months so had to cut short the drive.

chevynut
02-19-2014, 08:39 PM
WOOHOO! I'll bet that's fun!

JT56
02-20-2014, 07:46 PM
Well hit it against a 55 HT with 388 and Dart Pro 1's tonight with street slicks! I had full tank of gas(18 gallons), hit the rev limiter and with my 260lb buddy in the car...I left with a smile!!!!

NickP
02-21-2014, 06:10 AM
Sweet!

JT56
10-15-2014, 04:57 AM
Well a new winter project is on the way! ProCharger this little sbc lol!. Since I am going with a serpentine accessory drive, I have to order a reverse water pump. This past weekend, I welded in a bung on my exhaust for the Autometer Air/Fuel gauge. I sent out the carb yesterday to the Carb Shop in Ca to make it a blow through. I will order the charger next week and start taking it down after Thanksgiving! Will keep you posted.