PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum da sander

warren57
01-04-2014, 06:37 AM
I've been looking for a vacuum style da sander. Found plenty of orbital sanders, but no dual action. Has anyone seen a da that you can attach a vacuum to?

chevynut
01-04-2014, 10:01 AM
LOL! When I read the title I thought you wanted to vacuum da shop. :)

warren57
01-09-2014, 09:49 AM
LOL! When I read the title I thought you wanted to vacuum da shop. :)

Ha ha, I did that the other day when it was a little warmer!
Now I'm looking at sanders that a vacuum can attract to. Haven't seen any dual action, maybe they don't make such a thing!

markm
01-09-2014, 12:18 PM
National Detroit sells them.

Maddog
01-09-2014, 04:06 PM
Hutchins makes the best quality in the market, check this out: http://www.hutchinsmfg.com/View-Product.aspx?group_id=217816
Not exactly what you asked for but they are the best in the nation.

Rick_L
01-09-2014, 06:04 PM
I always thought that vacuum attachments were for woodworking, at least more popular there.

The other half of DAs and straight line sanders for leveling bondo is that I find them less useful the more of this stuff I do. Lately I've been leveling bondo, even from the start, by hand with a long sanding block and 36 grit paper. Seems to go as fast and less chance of going too far.

Now, I don't have a name brand 8" diameter "mud hog". And I don't have a name brand straight line sander either. So maybe my tools are a bit weak for the initial cuts.

chevynut
01-09-2014, 08:58 PM
I actually don't like DA sanders myself. I have one that I rarely use, and when I do it's for cleanup of bare metal. I cut filler with a long board or an inline sander with 36 grit too. I don't see how you can get anything flat with a DA.