PDA

View Full Version : Volt/Ohm Meter

56-210Sedan
01-04-2014, 11:45 AM
OK so i get all bundled up like Randy on "Christmas Story" and go out in the shop to do some electrical, in my quest to get my Volt/Ohm meter i find it is not in the location I thought i left it LOL:eek: so after putting in a valued search in every box, can,tube,bag ETC... i have decided it is clearly time to buy a new one, so now i ask what brand do you recommend for a good quality one?

chevynut
01-04-2014, 12:08 PM
HP used to make an excellent DVM and you might be able to find one on eBay. I have one that I got at a garage sale from a former HP employee. I also picked up another one of a different brand at the same time, because it was cheap and brand new, still in the box. There are tons of them out there. Don't go for the most expensive, nor the cheapest. I think for what you're wanting to do, you don't need a lot of features, or super accuracy either.

Check your local Radio Shack...they should have some good ones.

Rick_L
01-04-2014, 02:14 PM
I like and use a Beckman. Fluke is another widely available and good brand. Most of the Flukes have a rather large case (and large display) but to me it just makes it harder to store.

As Cnut said, you probably don't want an ultra cheap one or a top of the line one either.

Troy
01-04-2014, 03:39 PM
Here's a decent one from sears. http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_03482141000P?mv=rr