PDA

View Full Version : Slowly... Rockers and floor

Bakins
01-19-2014, 05:08 PM
I'll try to get some pics up soon. Worked on the passenger side last couple of weeks. Lower A pill is tacked on and have the rockers lined up - hung the door and set the gaps, etc. relay need to hang the fender before I weld it all up. However, the "joiner/reinforcement plate" I got is the wrong one... apparently it's for a convertible. I thought about hacking on it to make it work, but my time is worth more than what another one costs. Too late to return it and really my fault for now checking better when I received it a few months ago. I have tomorrow off and was going to get it all tacked together, but I guess that won't happen. Even with that setback, I am slowly making progress. Once I get the rockers and floors buttoned up I think it will move faster as I'm taking a ton of time lining things up - over and over - and I can move into the "tab A into slot B" stuff ;)

chevynut
01-19-2014, 06:57 PM
Sounds like great progress. By the time you're done with your car you'll be a pro. :)

NickP
01-19-2014, 07:12 PM
Progress is a good thing.

carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)
01-20-2014, 05:32 AM
good to hear your making progress.

slowfinger
01-20-2014, 05:20 PM
Yes, Would eventually see your pics. Sounds like you have heated garage set up. Great.

Bakins
01-21-2014, 04:26 AM
Yes, Would eventually see your pics. Sounds like you have heated garage set up. Great.

Semi-heated ;) This is my attached garage and I have a couple of space heaters that I turn on about an hour before I go out and start working. Been thinking of building a detached garage/shop as my wife is tired of parking in the driveway.