PDA

View Full Version : Distributors

reborn55
07-02-2014, 06:04 PM
Thinking about replacing Stock type points distributor(Pertronix conversion) with the Pertronix Ignitor ll--was wondering if anyone has had any experience with it. having a hard time keeping timing in sync and probably time for a new one. Have ahd the conversion in car for about 15 years now and been very reliable. don't want to spend a bunch of money and really don't want to buy the cheap ones on ebay. Plus I need the female cap towers.
Thanks

Maddog
07-02-2014, 07:54 PM
I've used many Pertronix conversion kits and been totally happy each and every time.

reborn55
07-19-2014, 07:41 AM
Well I bought complete distributor---and sent it back---was actually taller than original distributor. Did not seat well into back of intake---when I tightened it down it would not compress gasket---almost no clearance between wires in cap and wiper motor. In fact it did not start as well as distributor I took out--so i sent it back---tech line was of very little help---said I might have to massage the gear to get it to fully seat--didn't know why it didn't start as well---just said send it back and he will check it. Back to the drawing board