PDA

View Full Version : Alignment problem with Lokar LS throttle cable bracket

WagonCrazy
03-26-2015, 07:32 PM
Ordered the TCB-40LS13 throttle cable bracket for my 02 LS1 engine. The short, single cable one that mounts on the intake manifold to hold the front of the throttle cable.

The unit bolts on, but the cable alignment on this is off by over 1/2 inch. I can’t even get it installed it’s so bad. This is a simple bolt on deal..no adjustment the way it’s made. Just bolt on and go. Ha! Not this one... cable sheath hits the manifold on the rear side, and the braided cable doesn’t align at all to the pulley in the throttle body. Not even close.

So now I have to make a phone call to Lokar tech support and ask "What’s UP with Dat?"

Frustrated in SoCal. Hate it when parts that say they should fit, actually don’t fit at all.

Aargh...

markm
03-27-2015, 06:08 AM
Hate it when parts that say they should fit, actually don’t fit at all

Welcome to the world of made in China, but don't they claim they are made here.

chevynut
03-27-2015, 06:46 AM
"American Quality... Plain & Simple

It is Lokar’s steadfast belief of “Made in the USA”, that sets us apart from others. It would be easy to stray from that belief given the state of the economy and the ever increasing foreign influences, but American Made is the foundation of this company and we continue to stand by it."

I'm betting that either Paul has the wrong part for his application or he's installed it wrong. Lokar makes some pretty nice stuff. Let us know what they say Paul....sorry I can't help. ;)

WagonCrazy
03-27-2015, 07:45 AM
I’m thinking the part i have was packaged wrongly. So the part I have is for a different year LS or a different manifold than the 02 Camaro manifold I have. The part itself is very nicely made. It fits to the screw holes in the manifold fine. It can only be installed 1 way because of how the cable would mount thru it with a lock nut. But the dimensions of the piece cause a huge mis-alignment of the cable, such that you can’t even tighten it down to the manifold once the cable is installed in it, AND the alignment to the throttle body pulley is waaaaay off.

So I’m sure they make one for my LS1 manifold. I just think I got something else packaged and marked wrongly.

Ordered online thru Autoplicity.com ..They were lowest overall price (no tax and no shipping).

I want to see what Lokar says when I email them a pic of the part and the packaging. They’ll probably tell me to return it to the reseller....

Aargh...I might just go back to the stock bracket and call it a day. It’s just ugly, that’s all. Right there on the front/top of the engine. You’d definitely see it first when the hood is popped...

I’ll post what I find out later on.

Thanks guys,
Paul

markm
03-27-2015, 08:04 AM
Their 3x2 sbc detent cable setup for a 700R4 leave a lot to be desired too.

WagonCrazy
03-30-2015, 02:16 PM
Thanks all for your comments.
So it turns out that my stock LS1 out of an O2 Camaro is sporting an LS6 intake, and surprise! the Lokar item is not designed for that intake. Nor do they make one for the LS6 intake...
Since I bought this Nomad with this engine/trans package already installed, I’m beginning to learn more about what I really have and not take the sellers word for all of it. It’s been 5 years now since I bought it and have forgotten a lot of those details I guess. :eek:
The LOKAR tech support guy was very professional and asked me to give him the S/N on the intake, which is when he isolated the problem.
The bad news was they don’t make a throttle cable bracket for the LS6 intake.
So...I’m fabbing my own and calling it a day on this one.
That’s hot-rodding.

chevynut
03-30-2015, 02:29 PM
Paul, glad you found the problem. Can't you just use some sort of spacer and make it work?