PDA

View Full Version : Floor brace question.

Black56210
04-27-2015, 01:37 PM
I have a pair of front floor at cowl braces that I'm trying to put on my 56 150. I need some help understanding the three holes on this brace. I know the outside hole on the brace is for the mount. It looks like the two inside holes could be for support and for a second inner mount. The 150 only calls for the outside mount on this brace. Would it be ok to place an inner mount on this brace? Help is much appreciated.

Rick_L
04-27-2015, 04:18 PM
I assume that you want to place a mount that would be supported at the frame by the frame bracket for the bellhousing mounts. Only convertibles used a mount there, no others.

I see little benefit to doing this, particularly on a sedan.

If you insisted, you'd have to enlarge the hole in the frame bracket, and the gap between the frame and brace might be significantly thicker or thinner than the rubber mount. And you'd have to buy extra mounts - I don't know if you can get them individually.

chevynut
04-27-2015, 08:00 PM
IMO there's no need for an additional body mount there on a sedan. Just put rubber plugs in the holes and call it good.

My Nomad has those holes too (they used a sedan floor) and I intend to just plug them.