PDA

View Full Version : LS3 Is About Ready

NickP
07-08-2015, 10:56 AM
I'm looking for a dyno service near (willing to travel some) 71832 De Queen, AR. I want to have it readied to plug and play so-to-speak. Any fed back or suggestions of where and who is appreciated.http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1600/2283636/24371265/411473525.jpg

chevynut
07-08-2015, 11:11 AM
Cool. Got any other pics? What accessory drive is that?

NickP
07-08-2015, 11:16 AM
That's a front runner from VA. I have a few and will post some when it's in it's crate.Her is a shot of the valve covers: http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1600/2283636/24371265/411473614.jpg

Rick_L
07-08-2015, 04:47 PM
Does S&P have a dyno facility? That would be good for you geographically.

Otherwise you're probably back in Dallas or in OKC to have a list of choices.

Someone that does LS engines regularly probably eases your hookup needs.

chevynut
07-08-2015, 06:30 PM
I was wondering if that was blower setup since the front picture you first posted looked like it was. Is that a Magnuson?

Why do you have so many engines sitting there? Is that in your shop?

JT56
07-09-2015, 04:38 AM
Very Nice!

NickP
07-09-2015, 06:32 AM
Does S&P have a dyno facility? That would be good for you geographically. Otherwise you're probably back in Dallas or in OKC to have a list of choices.Someone that does LS engines regularly probably eases your hookup needs.Sadly, S&P (where pics were taken) does not have a dyno. It seems like things are trending away from a static unit to a drive on unit. I was hoping to have it all tuned up (or close) for a plug and play so-to-speak in an effort to eliminate in vehicle start-up issues. The list in Dallas has grown short for a true engine dyno facility and so far, Oklahoma has not shown any promise. What do engine builders do now-a-days, build and pray it works? Mystifies me.

NickP
07-09-2015, 06:55 AM
Does S&P have a dyno facility? That would be good for you geographically. Otherwise you're probably back in Dallas or in OKC to have a list of choices.Someone that does LS engines regularly probably eases your hookup needs.Rick do you have any knowledge of TRE (Texas Racing Engines) up in Cleveland, TX? Their site shows they have 3 dyno units.

Rick_L
07-09-2015, 07:49 AM
I did some business with them over 25 years ago when they were in Houston, and the business was run by the current owner's father (he was a high school kid then). I don't know much about the current operation except that it's drag racing oriented, they run a 10.5 nitrous car.

Bluegrass Trifive
07-09-2015, 07:38 PM
I'm looking for a dyno service near (willing to travel some) 71832 De Queen, AR. I want to have it readied to plug and play so-to-speak. Any fed back or suggestions of where and who is appreciated.http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1600/2283636/24371265/411473525.jpg Just my opinion but unless it was a non AC, manual trans, speed density tune and not a drive by wire throttle body I wouldn't go the engine dyno route. Are you using a GM PCM? I would choose a tuner who you can send your PCM to with all your info and let him load you a base tune. Most I know will charge a fee to do that but then deduct that from your dyno charge once you are ready to bring the completed car to them. They can adjust a bunch of features in both the engine and transmission (If its an auto) and make a huge difference in drivability. James Short at Shortuning is an excellent chassis dyno person to work with on a project such as yours if you'd be willing to travel to central KY. He does almost all of the higher end racing and street projects in this area and many from out of state. He's very good at higher HP drivability. I was thinking to dyno my engine as well as I wanted to know its power output and I could find a few places willing to run it as long as I could provide the high pressure fuel pump and wire harness PCM etc. but none could tune the PCM. The shops I work with do mostly dirt late model or sprint car stuff so were mostly carb or mechanical fuel injection and no PCM experience. I'm now headed strictly the chassis dyno route now.