PDA

View Full Version : Complete classic performance drop spindle disc brake kit

mikes55
07-28-2015, 04:06 AM
New complete Classic Performance , drop spindle disc brake kit for 55, 56, & 57 Chevys. Kit includes 2 inch drop spindles, drill & slotted rotors, stainless steel braided brake hoses, loaded calipers, caliper brackets, wheel bearings, grease seals, & dust caps. Kit does not move wheels out. $500 I can delieved to Tri Five Nationals in Bowling Green, KY August 14 & 15.*********************************Contact Michael Allemand*********985-665-7413*************************************michaelal lemand@bellsouth.net

smooth 56
07-28-2015, 02:32 PM
I mite be interested are the rotors 12 inch and why are you not going to use them?I will be in Bowling Green just asking.

mikes55
07-28-2015, 08:40 PM
they are 101/2 inch rotors. I went with those because they do not move your front wheels out at all. the bigger rotor you go the more offset you will have. the reason I am selling all the cpp front and rear is when I put my new billet specialties wheels on the top of the rear caliper was touching the inside of the rim. billet specialties and champion make their wheels smaller on the inside than other wheel manufactures. so I had to buy low profile caliper and rotors from wildwood for the rear and since you could see the nie wildwood calipers through the spokes of the wheels I also bought wildwood for the front and they wouldn't fit the cpp drop spindles so I had to buy heidts drop spindles otherwise I wouldn't have spent all that extra money but I had a lot invested in the rims and tires. I just went around the block about 5 times with my weld wheels and cpp brakes cause car still wasn't completed. let me know cause I am going to bowling green and I can bring them.

chevynut
07-28-2015, 09:31 PM
the bigger rotor you go the more offset you will have.

Why does rotor size affect offset?

mikes55
07-29-2015, 04:37 AM
look in classic performance cataloge and it shows you. the bigger the rotor the more offset.

smooth 56
07-29-2015, 06:53 AM
Well Mike if they were the 12 inch I would take them,just have my hart set on the bigger breaks.I just like the look of the big rotors when you can see threw the spoke's.Hope to see you in B.G.

rockytopper R.I.P 5-13-2017
07-29-2015, 07:43 AM
Mike, I'm just curious I just purchased a complete cpp 4 wheel kit and had them upgrade the front calipers to wilwood. My kit is the original offset kit for stock spindles although it appears to push them out .125 each side. Just wondering if that would have been an option for you with drop spindle kit to upgrade to willwood?

This is the one I purchased.
http://www.classicperform.com/Store/Brakes/5558WBK-S0-UG.htm

mikes55
07-29-2015, 07:03 PM
I know what you mean. I have a pro street 55 chevy with 15 inch wheels and I didn't want my rotors almost the size of my wheels. the 101/2 inch looks perfect. you will have your car in B.G. if so ill look for you. mine will be in interior shop. wish I could have made it. next year.

mikes55
07-29-2015, 07:07 PM
when my new wheels hit the Cadillac Seville rear calipers I had to get wildwood low profile kit for rear so I just bought wildwood kit for front but wildwood doesn't fit cpp drop spindles so I had to buy the heidts drop spindles.

smooth 56
07-30-2015, 03:59 AM
I know what you mean. I have a pro street 55 chevy with 15 inch wheels and I didn't want my rotors almost the size of my wheels. the 101/2 inch looks perfect. you will have your car in B.G. if so ill look for you. mine will be in interior shop. wish I could have made it. next year.

Yeah with 15 inch wheels those would be perfect.I'm Building a 55 hard top going to use 17's so just want a bigger rotor.Yes I will be in the 56 at B.G. look me up look forward to meeting you.