PDA

View Full Version : For Sale - Vintage Air Sure Fit evaporator kit for 55-56

chevynut
08-03-2015, 11:10 AM
I have a new (never used) cable-operated Vintage Air evaporator kit that I bought several years ago. It was used for mockup but never was charged or had any water running through it. All the parts are there including the center and side vents, defroster ducts, hoses (uncut), glove box, and all controls, switches, heater valve, mounting brackets, and wiring harnesses. The only thing missing that I know of is the rubber grommets for where the lines go through the firewall plate which are available from VA. Those are not needed if you're using a firewall bulkhead for a custom intallation. This Sure-Fit unit fits well and there is nothing wrong with it. It has not been modified.

I paid $675 for this kit plus shipping and would like to get $575 plus shipping. New Gen IV evaporators are $780 plus shipping at Summit. PM or e-mail Lnobi53@yahoo.com.

chevynut
09-02-2015, 08:01 AM
Dropping price to $550 plus shipping.

JT56
09-02-2015, 10:25 AM
You will like the Gen IV for sure. I will say blocking off the heater hoses during the heat of summer drops the temperature even more. Food for thought. I wired mine to have a trinary switch, temp switch (intake or head) and installed a manual switch so anyone of those could complete the grounding circuit and cause the fans to come on. Considering your area, you may not even need both fans to run at the same time, but in Texas with my setup, they both come on at the same time. I also installed two LED on each one of the power wires going to the fans, so I will know they are running. Well its shows there is power going to the fans. I guess you could put a CT and see the amp draw, but that maybe over the top. Good Luck with the sale

chevynut
09-02-2015, 11:14 AM
JT, I like how the GenIV works in my application, but I was content with this older unit if I could have made it work with my valence vents. I also have a trinary switch installed and I'm using a Dakota Digital fan controller that has an A/C input. I don't see any need for anything manual for my application. I have the fans wired up to run half-speed at the first setpoint and full speed if the temp climbs to my second setpoint. I'm not sure what the A/C input does, and maybe I can set it up either way. The LED indicators are a good idea...thanks.

JT56
09-02-2015, 12:29 PM
I installed just in case one of the other two failed, I could start the fans. I have a manual gauge(Auto Meter) along with my Classic Instrument one too. Its nice to see the LED's on too :)

1320GASSER
09-06-2015, 09:41 PM
pm sent

chevynut
10-08-2015, 07:56 AM
Price reduced to $500 plus shipping for members here. That's a bargain! ;)

chevjyd
11-29-2015, 07:52 PM
PM sent!

chevynut
12-25-2015, 12:18 PM
SOLD!

My55
03-19-2017, 08:05 PM
Hey Chevynut. Just making sure you sold that Vintage Air evaporator setup a while back for a 55. In either case, I'm kind of interested in changing mine and thinking into A/C if you still have it or know where I can get a used setup? Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!:):D

chevynut
03-19-2017, 08:55 PM
Sorry sold it and shipped it months ago. I think I saw one for sale on FB either on the Tri5 parts for sale page or on the Nomads Only page. Pretty sure it was a used one.