PDA

View Full Version : Second Seat

1PROUDPAPA
10-20-2015, 11:48 AM
I have a 57 Chevy 150 two door wagon. I pitched the bottom half of the second seat when I was drag racing it 45 years ago. I'm trying to find a replacement, if possible in black and cobblestone. any help would be greatly appreciated !

chevynut
10-20-2015, 12:09 PM
Welcome to the site.

Where are you located? It would help with questions like this if you put your location in your profile.

I think you can find a seat bottom but I doubt you'll find one in the stock colors you want. Maybe a frame that you can upholster.

1PROUDPAPA
10-20-2015, 03:51 PM
Canton, Ohio 44721

chevynut
10-20-2015, 06:01 PM
When you say "second seat" are you talking about a 6-passenger wagon rear seat? I think I have one but it would be expensive to ship....and it's not black.

1PROUDPAPA
10-22-2015, 06:22 PM
Yes it is a 6 passenger wagon. I really don't care what color. Any chance you could post a picture ? I'm a little confused, found another one, and he said it's missing the trim and hinges for one side. I don't see any place where hinges would be on my wagon. It's been so long ago I don't remember what original seat looked like. All I see is two square holes in the floor pan that look like seat would latch into ?

chevynut
10-22-2015, 07:50 PM
The wagons have a sheetmetal structure on each side that the seat bottom hinges bolt to that look like this:

http://www.classicchevy.com/1956+chevy+townsman/chevy-mount-rear-seat-to-floor-wagon-nomad-right-1955-1957.html

Let me check to see what I have. I know I have both the back and bottom from my Nomad and I think I had an extra pair. I may even have the sheetmetal pieces since I cut them out of my Nomad.

1PROUDPAPA
10-24-2015, 12:01 PM
Great thank you ! I looked at it again and I think I see where the brackets would have gone. So I would need the bottom half, and everything to install it. If you're willing to sell, I'm definitely interested. Thanks again for all your help !!!

1PROUDPAPA
10-24-2015, 12:06 PM
By the way the mounts you pictured are still there.

1PROUDPAPA
11-08-2015, 07:18 PM
Have you had time to look for the seat bottom yet ?

chevynut
11-08-2015, 07:57 PM
PAPA, I thought I had replied to your PM but I don't see it in my sent items. Sorry about that. I have a full rear seat from my Nomad but I prefer not to break them apart, as I think they're worth more as a set. I do have another seat but I think it's only the back and I can't figure out where I put it. I'll try to remember to look around asap. I'm 90% sure it's the back and not the bottom, though.

1PROUDPAPA
11-10-2015, 11:57 AM
Thank you for responding, if you don't have another bottom how much would you want for the set ? You could keep the top half as it would only cost more shipping. Thanks again !!!