PDA

View Full Version : Good Service from H&H Parts

55mike
02-14-2016, 07:20 AM
A few months ago I discovered an odd issue with my brake lights. After tracing, and poking around (I loathe wiring BTW) I figured out it was the turn signal switch located in the upper steering column.

I ordered a new switch from H&H parts. Installation wasn't too tough with the new switch having the correct color code and the wires were stuck together "flat" so that helped when I snaked the wires down the column using some mechanics wire. All went OK and waaahhhalllaaaa all the lights worked correctly. Then a few weeks ago I noticed the R-R brake light was not working. Perplexed, I held the brake peddle down and at the same time moved the turn signal lever up and down. Sure enough the brake light would flicker as I moved the lever. Rats. I knew that switch was defective.

I put in a call to H&H. After explaining the issue with Tray Smith, he agreed with me.. we have a bad switch. Here is where it gets good.. Tray said, "I'll get a new one to you in today's mail.." I told him I'd be happy to mail back the old one so they can get a warranty replacement from their vendor, but, he said.. "no problem.." and he told me to keep the old one. 3 days later the new switch was in my mailbox. Now I have to get busy and fix it!!

I thought I'd pass along my experience with H&H Parts..

MP&C
02-14-2016, 08:25 AM
Mike, thanks for passing on your experience. Most times you only hear of the horror stories, so it's good to hear the flip side every now and then.

markm
02-14-2016, 11:07 AM
Good people, I had a similar situation with a 55 BA cig. ltr. with them.

chevynut
02-14-2016, 04:19 PM
Cigarette lighter? Who needs that? Just more stuff to go wrong. :)

Rick_L
02-14-2016, 04:58 PM
I'm sure that markm, as the rich elite that he is, has an occasional fine imported cigar when he's at his automotive events. What better way to light it? And worth the complication! :cool:

Back to the original subject, I've bought most of my 55-57 specific parts from H&H, they are among the best.

carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)
02-15-2016, 08:34 AM
thanks for sharing. :)