PDA

View Full Version : Two quetions on 150

hargis
05-27-2016, 11:51 AM
On our recently acquired 150 I've discovered 2 issues to deal with. 1) Did the 150 come with operable floor vents? There are no vent cables on dash bottom. 2)There was obviously no back seat originally so My question is what does the rear seat back secure to? There are no hooks, slots, whatever. Any pics would be appreciated. Thanks....

Rick_L
05-27-2016, 04:29 PM
I thought all 55-56 cars had the vents in the kick panels. The cables for them are mounted at the bottom of the dash next to the doors. Do you not have the vent grilles in the kick panels either?

On the rear seat back, it's mounted to the bulkhead by a couple of sheet metal hooks that are spot welded to the bulkhead. The hooks catch on the seat frame. It would be pretty easy to make your own. Sorry I don't have a photo but maybe someone does.

hargis
05-27-2016, 06:56 PM
I thought all 55-56 cars had the vents in the kick panels. The cables for them are mounted at the bottom of the dash next to the doors. Do you not have the vent grilles in the kick panels either?

On the rear seat back, it's mounted to the bulkhead by a couple of sheet metal hooks that are spot welded to the bulkhead. The hooks catch on the seat frame. It would be pretty easy to make your own. Sorry I don't have a photo but maybe someone does. There are grills in the kick panels and flaps behind them. I guess I need to find out how cables connect to flaps. Thanks for your reply and help.

chevynut
05-27-2016, 08:36 PM
It's actually pretty simple...the knob end had two screws that go under the dash, and the other end goes around the lever on top of the flapper. There may be a picture in the assembly manual that you can find in the library here. The parts should be pretty easy to find if you don't have them. If the flap seals are worn out there are seal kits for them.

hargis
05-28-2016, 08:16 AM
It's actually pretty simple...the knob end had two screws that go under the dash, and the other end goes around the lever on top of the flapper. There may be a picture in the assembly manual that you can find in the library here. The parts should be pretty easy to find if you don't have them. If the flap seals are worn out there are seal kits for them. Thanks , found assembly drawing under "cowl ventilator". Thanks again.