PDA

View Full Version : Will a Nomad quarter fit a 2 door sedan?

55 Rescue Dog
10-12-2016, 04:15 PM
Since inner clearance is an issues with a C4 chassis, I want a radius rear wheel opening anyway. I do not really want to have new rear 1/4's installed and have to cut them up. Otherwise the plan is to mod hardtop panels to fit the sedan and add the radius panels. Getting the wheel opening centered over the tire is a must too. Can a Nomad work? IMO it should have be OE.

royk
10-12-2016, 04:38 PM
Have you looked at the gasser style opening that Woody's sells?

Rick_L
10-12-2016, 05:06 PM
The Nomad quarter will work on a 2 door sedan or hardtop, except that there's no belt line dip at the bottom of the quarter window. Just the opposite of putting a hardtop quarter on a 56-57 Nomad.

The wheel opening will mean you can't run Belair or 210 quarter trim.

It seems like a neat idea until you see one - then it looks awkward.

NickP
10-12-2016, 05:55 PM
Since inner clearance is an issues with a C4 chassis, I want a radius rear wheel opening anyway. I do not really want to have new rear 1/4's installed and have to cut them up. Otherwise the plan is to mod hardtop panels to fit the sedan and add the radius panels. Getting the wheel opening centered over the tire is a must too. Can a Nomad work? IMO it should have be OE.

What clearance issues do you have?

55 Rescue Dog
10-13-2016, 05:22 AM
What clearance issues do you have?
The dog bones/mounts limit the inboard clearance by sticking 3 inches from the frame, and even with mini tubs I would only gain like 1/2 in, so I want to move tire outwards, and I like the look of the gasser wheel wells. Plus easier to remove wheels.