PDA

View Full Version : Searching For Front End Parts

56times
08-26-2017, 07:51 AM
Hi. I have a 56 that apparently someone has gone and added a frame that came from perhaps a later camaro or nova. The
issue is I cannot determine what parts I need in order to build the front end with a rebuild kit? Person who sold me the car said
the person he bought it from thinks it's a chevy 11 frame?

Would anyone have an idea on how to go about ordering the right parts for a front frame that has no markings or appears to
look exactly like nova or camaro front end later models?

I wonder why someone replaced
the frame to just upgrade it ten to 15 years, unless it might of been wreaked? Found disk rotors in trunk like they were planning
to go with disk brakes. Yet could you not go with disks even on a tri-five original?

Thanks for any feed back.:)

Rick

NickP
08-26-2017, 08:16 AM
The only way one could properly suggest or otherwise define a part to suit your need is to have imagery of what you have. Otherwise, we would only be wasting your time and money. A picture or 20 will give us a better ability to suggest a solution.

markm
08-26-2017, 09:56 AM
Does your steering box hook to the steering column with a rag joint. Any later steering must have one, original does not have one.

chevynut
08-26-2017, 01:57 PM
There were lots of tri5 cars built with Camaro clips once upon a time. That's likely what you have if it's not the stock front end. If you can post a picture or two I'm sure someone can tell you what it's from.