PDA

View Full Version : "June Cleaver" 55 Handyman wagon

chevynut
09-18-2017, 07:50 AM
A couple of years ago my neighbor (the guy who rolled the 55 sedan at the drags) was over at my place looking at my Nomad and he told me he was interested in building a stock-looking 55 wagon that he could drive all over the country. He said he always wanted to build a custard yellow "June Cleaver" 55 with white walls that was a grocery getter. Since he wanted to drive it a lot, he was interested in one of our C4 conversion frames so we discussed what he wanted and decided we could build it for him. He wanted to use 15" wheels and we found they would work on an early C4 suspension. My brother found him a pretty solid 55 Handyman body up in Montana so he made a trip up there to trailer it back...wish I'd gotten pics of it, as it was a basketcase.

We firmed up the plans in late 2015 and finished the frame in early 2016. We used a seamless frame and early front and rear C4 suspensions on it. He has been building the car in the past few months and has it almost completed. It has a turbocharged LS engine and a 4L70E automatic tranny. He does all his own body and paint work and I think he did pretty much everything on this car with the exception of the frame build. I think he did an awesome job on it in just a few months. Hopefully I'll get to ride in it soon, and maybe even drive it. :)

Here's the car now:

LEE T
09-18-2017, 09:26 AM
More pics would be interesting. I noticed from this one that the alignment and gaps of the door, and what can be seen of the hood, seem very nice.

chevynut
09-18-2017, 09:35 AM
I plan to go take a look at it and maybe can get some pics under the hood, etc. He needs a good steering rack before he can drive it. The rebuilt one he got leaked. :eek:

Personally I would have left the hood bird on it, but......:)

55 Rescue Dog
09-18-2017, 10:09 AM
Very Nice!

BamaNomad
09-18-2017, 10:43 AM
great looking wagon! :) Can't wait to see more photos of the suspension/engine/etc... :)

(I like 15" wheels also, and would be interested in what he/you had to do make them work... ie. what brakes/calipers/etc...?)

567chevys
09-18-2017, 09:28 PM
Bad Ass ,
I Love it !!

Need more pictures .

Sid

Bluegrass Trifive
09-19-2017, 08:28 AM
That's a cool ride!

WagonWonder
09-20-2017, 12:06 PM
Where's Ward?

MadMooks
09-20-2017, 12:20 PM
A couple of years ago my neighbor (the guy who rolled the 55 sedan at the drags) was over at my place looking at my Nomad and he told me he was interested in building a stock-looking 55 wagon that he could drive all over the country. He said he always wanted to build a custard yellow "June Cleaver" 55 with white walls that was a grocery getter. Since he wanted to drive it a lot, he was interested in one of our C4 conversion frames so we discussed what he wanted and decided we could build it for him. He wanted to use 15" wheels and we found they would work on an early C4 suspension. My brother found him a pretty solid 55 Handyman body up in Montana so he made a trip up there to trailer it back...wish I'd gotten pics of it, as it was a basketcase.

We firmed up the plans in late 2015 and finished the frame in early 2016. We used a seamless frame and early front and rear C4 suspensions on it. He has been building the car in the past few months and has it almost completed. It has a turbocharged LS engine and a 4L70E automatic tranny. He does all his own body and paint work and I think he did pretty much everything on this car with the exception of the frame build. I think he did an awesome job on it in just a few months. Hopefully I'll get to ride in it soon, and maybe even drive it. :)

Here's the car now:

That's a nice looking wagon . I like the color and wheels