PDA

View Full Version : Metal Venors

bigblock
01-03-2018, 09:27 AM
I'm going to be changing my complete floor out and the left quarter panel. would like some opitions on what companies are better to deal with the least amount of grift. I been reading some real bad stories on the replacement sheet metal, and has any one move the springs in line with the frame, I like to do that so I can get the biggest tires to handle the L88.Its a 56 2dr sedan. Thanks:)

chevynut
01-03-2018, 09:44 AM
IMO if I was replacing a floor I would use the Taiwan one-piece floor for several reasons. It's said to fit better than the US made floor. It has the inner rockers already welded to it. It's one-piece instead of two halves welded together like the US floors. It's e-coated which means the insides of the braces are also protected......the US floors are bare steel. And finally, the US floors are around $1200 and the Taiwan floors are around $800. Goldstar makes the Taiwan floors and lots of dealers sell them. Check on eBay, Woody's Hot Rods, and many other dealers. Even Eckler's carries them, I believe. Shipping is a consideration so maybe there's a dealer close to you.

bigblock
01-03-2018, 12:40 PM
thanks chevynut

Bluegrass Trifive
01-03-2018, 06:29 PM
I'm going to be changing my complete floor out and the left quarter panel. would like some opitions on what companies are better to deal with the least amount of grift. I been reading some real bad stories on the replacement sheet metal, and has any one move the springs in line with the frame, I like to do that so I can get the biggest tires to handle the L88.Its a 56 2dr sedan. Thanks:) Restoration World in Dayton is pretty close to you I think. The have a very large inventory of Goldenstar sheet metal parts. They’re also the cheapest place to buy parts from that I‘ve found. They have weekly truck deliveries from the Goldenstar warehouse in Texas so the longest you’ll ever wait is a week with no freight cost. They also are a Danchuk dealer and stock a lot of their line. Another option for you might be Woody’s Hotrodz. They’re about an hour west of Dayton and are reasonable price wise and while they don’t stock too much Goldenstar they stock a lot of the Danchuk line and are very pleasant to deal with as well.

bigblock
01-04-2018, 06:05 AM
Thanks Bluegrass, I'll check RW out as they are only about 2hrs away. Depends on how thick the State Police are?

Bluegrass Trifive
01-04-2018, 06:43 PM
Thanks Bluegrass, I'll check RW out as they are only about 2hrs away. Depends on how thick the State Police are? You’ve got that right for sure. You’ve got to watch your ass up around Dayton on I-75, they patrol the crap out of it!