PDA

View Full Version : Engine code book in pdf

BamaNomad
02-21-2018, 06:40 AM
Actually that is a chevy V8 engine code book compiled initially by Ed McComas back in the 80's or 90's and further added to over the years. He sold printed copies of his book for many years thru NCRS and by mail/car shows. He has said he couldn't justify the cost for a further 'printing', so he's making it available to all for free via the pdf file. A good reference to add to the reference section (if we have one here?).

THE COMPLETECHEVROLETV-8ENGINE CODEPOCKET GUIDE1955-1991

Gary

NickP
02-21-2018, 09:59 AM
(if we have one here?).

Seems like , regardless of what it is "Actually" titled/called, resides in, and I quote, "55, 56, 57 Chevy Document Library". My post was simply to add it to the Library.

markm
02-21-2018, 12:44 PM
I find the most accurate source for this type of info is my Hollander books.

BamaNomad
02-21-2018, 04:13 PM
Seems like , regardless of what it is "Actually" titled/called, resides in, and I quote, "55, 56, 57 Chevy Document Library". My post was simply to add it to the Library.

I understand NCW; I didn't think you were trying to mislead anyone, but when you 'reposted' Ed's message from the other site, it had 'my book' or similar words in it which made it confusing to anyone not knowing. I just wanted to make sure Ed got the proper credit... He began compiling the information for this book of codes in the early 80's and has gone thru 5 revisions adding more codes. I think for gen 1 chevy V8's you'd be hardpressed to find a single source with ALL this information in it (ie. 55-91 V8 chevy engines)...