PDA

View Full Version : Another one finished

chevynut
03-27-2018, 02:43 PM
We finished this frame for a guy in OK a couple of weeks ago. He's coming here today to pick it up. This is C4 project #84, late C4 front and rear, 2" front drop (3" is standard for us), LS1 and 6L80. He wanted it sandblasted so I had that done too. Got a bunch more work to do and hopefully I can get back on MY car. :)

BamaNomad
03-27-2018, 03:00 PM
you said 'We' finished it... Do you have hired help in your shop to help do those chassis?

NickP
03-27-2018, 04:17 PM
you said 'We' finished it... Do you have hired help in your shop to help do those chassis?

Son

markm
03-27-2018, 04:29 PM
Son

Says the troll who has never even demonstrated that he knows how to turn a welder on. He probably still uses a stick welder....from the 60's.

The way he treats people no other human could put up with his pompous and arrogant ass.

NickP
03-27-2018, 05:26 PM
Says the troll who has never even demonstrated that he knows how to turn a welder on. He probably still uses a stick welder....from the 60's.

The way he treats people no other human could put up with his pompous and arrogant ass.

If I may ask, are you addressing me or some other fictitious character, imagined or otherwise?

chevynut
03-27-2018, 05:29 PM
Go F* yourself markm....or USA1, whichever it is today. LOL! Why can't you show us even ONE teeny tiny little project that you've ever done? All you do is criticize and attack. So I attack back you prick. :D

Maybe you ought to learn to just keep your mouth shut and don't reply to me, or say anything about me. But you don't seem like a very fast learner.

chevynut
03-27-2018, 05:36 PM

I started out doing these frames by myself, but shortly afterward my son started helping me with them. He's a good TIG welder and learned to weld on the job doing heating and ventilation work. I really couldn't do these builds by myself.

My son has a full-time job as a lineman for the city's electric department. He helps me usually one night a week and one weekend day morning. This is a very part-time job for both of us, and we have fun building things together. The money helps with vacations and "toys" too. We pretty much have this down to a science now, especially since I started having the parts CNC laser cut. For a while there we built all of our own brackets and it was a ton of work. He has his "jobs" and I have mine, and we work well together. He's a partner in the LLC.

Dan just left with his frame to head back to Oklahoma. He is pleased with how it turned out. :)

Florida 57
03-27-2018, 07:06 PM
In your opinion would there be a difference in precision or cost enough so that a water jet could be used to cut your steel brackets over laser?

567chevys
03-27-2018, 07:22 PM
In your opinion would there be a difference in precision or cost enough so that a water jet could be used to cut your steel brackets over laser?

Laser is Far Cheaper , Holds Better Tolerance.

Laser Can cut up to 1-1/2" A 36. We cut our port Flanges of the valves we make with Laser Cut Holes & all we have to do is Tap them and they are done saves us lots of $$$$$$$

Sid

NickP
03-27-2018, 07:48 PM
Laser is Far Cheaper , Holds Better Tolerance.

Laser Can cut up to 1-1/2" A 36. We cut our port Flanges of the valves we make with Laser Cut Holes & all we have to do is Tap them and they are done saves us lots of $$$$$$$

Sid

Agree!

Florida 57
03-27-2018, 08:24 PM
Boy it`s not cheaper around me.Laser is $7.00 a minute with only one place local but several large water jet places.

55 Tony
03-28-2018, 07:25 AM

I use an AC stick welder which would be the same as one from the 60's, actually the same as ones made long before that. I can tig, but I don't have one. I can mig but mine sucks, it's a 120VAC unit and good for sheet metal not much more. Stick welding takes a certain skill and I'm just lately getting good with it. I wish I had the stick welder my Dad built, it was a Heath Kit and he wound the transformer. My butt hole brother tossed it out after Dad died.

WagonCrazy
03-28-2018, 07:59 AM
children....can we Paleeeese get back to the original post topic and stop all this bashing nonsense?

Laszlo, I notice something new in this frame....thru frame holes. For fuel line?

Bitchin'57
03-28-2018, 11:52 AM
children....can we Paleeeese get back to the original post topic and stop all this bashing nonsense?

Laszlo, I notice something new in this frame....thru frame holes. For fuel line?

It is still in secret beta testing, but those thru holes are for the wiring harness and semi-bolloid hydraulic pump line for the turbo encabulator. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac7G7xOG2Ag

TrifiveRichard
03-28-2018, 02:45 PM
Nice looking frame CN, and looks sturdy