PDA

View Full Version : Hardtop rear seat location?

chevynut
04-09-2012, 07:10 PM
I'm trying to determine where my new custom rear seat should sit in my Nomad. I'm not using the stock wagon seat. Because of my tubs, I may have to move my rear seat forward a bit, and don't want to push it forward too far so I thought using the HT as a guideline would help.

I know the rear seat in a HT is further forward than in a sedan. Can anyone tell me how much further? Does the rear seat sit just in front of the seat brace on the floor? How do you locate the seat braces on the floor (I have a pair)?

If you put a straightedge across the back of the door opening, how far back is the front of the seat from there? I was looking at a pic of a HT rear seat area, and it looks like the bulkhead for the seat back is forward of where the floor ends and goes up to the trunk...it's not like that in a sedan. See my attached pics.

How big is the gap between the front of the rear seat bulkhead, and the top of the trunk floor where it meets the main floor?

I have some GM drawings I'm trying to scale off of, but things don't seem right to me.

I attached a pic of a HT rear seat area and a sedan rear seat area.

Thanks for the help.

Tuned55
04-09-2012, 07:19 PM
Hi Laszlo!

I can check our 57 2 dr sedan tomorrow

chevynut
04-10-2012, 08:03 AM
Bruce, I have a sedan I can measure, I need a measurement from a 2DHT. Anyone have one?

Thanks for the offer Bruce!

jim '57
04-10-2012, 12:53 PM
Hope this helps, from the back of the door opening to the front edge of the riser for the rear seat is 5 1/2 in.
Jim

chevynut
04-10-2012, 02:29 PM
Hi Jim, thanks! That helps a lot. Do you have your rear seat in yet? Any idea where the front of the seat is from the front of the riser? I may actually install the HT risers I have in my Nomad. Is there a hole or something that locates them on the floor?

Also, if your interior isn't in, can you measure the horizontal distance between the front of the seat bulkhead (at the trunk) and the top of the trunk floor, right where it drops toward the rear seat? Thanks!

chevynut
04-12-2012, 08:48 PM
Anyone? I now know where the riser needs to sit, but I'd sure like to know where the front of the seat is relative to the doors or the riser, and where the bulkhead is relative to the trunk floor. That will allow me to put the bounds on where my seat can go. I have a pretty good idea at the front of the rear seat, but don't know how much room I can leave in the back.

I'm headed to Texas for a hog hunt over the weekend, so I will probably start mocking up the seat and console when I get back. I have a drawing just about finished, but just need to finalize the rear seat location.