PDA

View Full Version : Clamp on LS filter

Bow tie downunder
10-22-2018, 03:50 PM
I'm looking To buy a filter similiar to the one in the photo . A brand name or supplier would be great .

Rick_L
10-22-2018, 05:52 PM
K&N, Spectre, or AEM should have something like that. Should be available at places like Summit, Jegs, Speedway. A better setup would be a smooth elbow and a bigger (longer) filter. Many will tell you to avoid a filter that you use oil on the element. AEM filters are dry. The reason for avoiding the oil is that if there is too much oil it will screw up the MAF.

Bow tie downunder
10-23-2018, 04:22 PM
Hi Rick
Thanks for your advice,I have searched K and n and spectre there are a lot of filters but I can't find a body and clamp.Street and performance inc Had these for sale .Do you know if they closed down I can't contact them.
mick

Rick_L
10-23-2018, 04:25 PM
Street and Performance is out of business. The owner died and apparently his heirs chose to not keep the business going. From what I knew he was the "glue" that kept it all together, and he had his hands in virtually everything that happened there.

chevynut
10-24-2018, 05:14 AM
The problem with a filter like that located where it is is that it's going to suck a lot of hot air. Did you give up on a cold air intake? I'm not positive but I think S&P made the end covers for that filter. You can buy the filter element, but I don't know of anyone who makes the end covers.

Bow tie downunder
10-24-2018, 04:11 PM
Thanks .My radiator support is lower than stock,about 3 inches and I thought the air coming through would be ok .There are a lot of elbows to choose from .