PDA

View Full Version : Gage cluster installed in the 57

warren57
01-04-2019, 06:27 PM
Installed the new wiring, gauges and chromed cluster.
Don’t know why the picture is flipped sideways, guess you will need to turn your head to get it upright!

warren57
01-04-2019, 06:33 PM
Installed the previous owner steering wheel. Would like to find a 15” reproduction of stock wheel, but no hurry. All the lights, turn signals, horn, etc work great.
Never had any of that when I bought it, it had no wires or wipers when it arrived, only a wire to the coil so it would start.

carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)
01-05-2019, 06:00 AM
nice work Warren, you did good.

chevynut
01-05-2019, 08:17 AM
Looks good Warren. Good to hear from you. Where have you been for the past 3 years? :)

I'm guessing you took those pics with an iphone as mine does the same thing. If you take the pics with the shutter release to the right, and the volume controls facing down it seems to post them correctly. I would think it would also work with the shutter release at the bottom but I'm not sure. I've tried rotating them in my computer and re-posting and it still doesn't work. The iphone seems to have a default top and bottom for pics that you can't change.

warren57
01-16-2019, 07:57 PM
Great info on the iPhone picture thing. I’ll give that a try!

Been a little slow working on the cars. Injured my lower back, had steroid injections in my spine and it has taken a couple years to get good enough to do much. So now I’m doing a few things, just a couple hours at a time and no bending and twisting. But making the best of it.

How have you been, hopefully good. And how about Sid?

You still building frames?

Gmvette
01-31-2019, 07:40 AM
I have a chromed gauge cluster housing as well. I have a constant task of polishing it in the “deep” areas. I feel the plating is not as good in those areas as the rest. Do you have a similar situation?