PDA

View Full Version : 1955-1956 Chevy Firewall-to-Hood Seal

Tabasco
01-08-2020, 01:30 PM
Awhile back there was discussion on the forum about the best firewall seal. I used Danchuks best and it goes on wrinkled. I installed it according to instructions and can't make it look decent. Does anyone have recommendations on what brand to use? Has anyone used one they like?

Gmvette
01-08-2020, 02:47 PM
Suggest a hollow closed “D” section. Used a double side adhesive on the flat side. Found it online (rubber seals) but didn’t save the site as an 8 or ten foot length. It was cheap.

scorpion1110
01-08-2020, 04:45 PM
Awhile back there was discussion on the forum about the best firewall seal. I used Danchuks best and it goes on wrinkled. I installed it according to instructions and can't make it look decent. Does anyone have recommendations on what brand to use? Has anyone used one they like?

Check Soffseal or Steele, but preferably Soffseal. I just installed their tailgate seal and its very nice. The liftgate seal which I am pretty sure is Danchuk just wasnt real nice.

S

Tabasco
01-10-2020, 04:06 AM
Thanks for the replies. It is amazing how hard it is to find a good product of such a simple part.

chevynut
01-10-2020, 05:48 PM
I have both the Danchuk and SoffSeal parts and neither one is like the original. I have pics in my final assembly thread.