PDA

View Full Version : Small progress

Rick_L
05-07-2012, 08:03 PM
I mentioned in my first post that I'm in "block sanding jail" on my quarter panel replacement.

After shooting some more primer surfacer and more block sanding I'm happy to report that I'm at about 97.5% on this panel. I may be out of "block sanding jail" soon! I can't call it early release. A couple of pinholes in the taillight area and one on the wheel cutout and we're done.

One thing about this panel that I've never posted about here or elsewhere was that the fuel filler door area was a bit low. Makes sense that it would be, they probably punch and form it after the rest is done, or at least form it. It wasn't out much, building the area up with Slick Sand fixed it.

chevynut
05-08-2012, 09:56 AM
Congrats Rick! It sure feels good to get there, doesn't it? It felt great to finally have my car completely blocked and in the final primer.

Double Nickel
05-08-2012, 09:15 PM
ok...where are the pics Rick. Now I wanna see the quarter and some red fingers and hands. :)

carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)
05-10-2012, 02:46 PM
progress is a good thing rick.

Rick_L
05-10-2012, 04:55 PM
Double Nickel, it looks just like the photo I posted earlier, a stock 55 quarter panel with primer on it. Difference is, it's going to stay that way instead of oil canning with no warning. It's a more exciting concept to have that complete than to see it.

smooth 56
05-11-2012, 07:16 AM
Glad to see you'r making progress Rick,Iwill be glad when I get to the sanding stage.I still have a lot of welding to do hopefully I can shoot some primer in 6 month's or so.