PDA

View Full Version : Weiand 8-71 Blower, AED 850 Modified Blower Carbs with Garlits Bug Catcher Breather

Double Nickel
05-14-2012, 03:08 PM
Looks like I'm puling the blower off my car and doing something a little different with my engine and thought what the hell, throw it up here. Not that these are that common but figured the classifieds could use a little help and need to grow so I'm setting an example and adding contect. (lol)

Blower has less than 100 miles on what was a a brand new 8-71 Weiand Supercharger. Blower comes complete with Polished Blower, 8mm 54/50 Crank Pulley's, Polished BBC Intake Manifold, Carb Adapter Plate, (2) AED 850HO Modified Blueprinted CNC Blended Blower Carbs, ALS Garlits SC520 Stree Catcher Breather modeled after the Enderle Alcohol Injector Hats, K&N Breathers, Weiand Linkage Kit, Weiand Stainless Fuel Rail Kit, CSR Thermostat Housing, Aeromotive Regulator with fittings, and all the advice you need to set it up on your big block chevy. Work's great, fires as soon as you fire it and makes 175-250 additional power over stock setup. Must be used with 9.0:1 or less compression. A stout bottom end with a forged cranks, good rods and good quality pistons are a must.

Available June 2012 (PM for pricing)

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd418/DBL_NKL/1955%20Chevrolet%20Build/Feb12015.jpg

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd418/DBL_NKL/1955%20Chevrolet%20Build/blower009.jpg

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd418/DBL_NKL/1955%20Chevrolet%20Build/DoubleNickel004.jpg

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd418/DBL_NKL/1955%20Chevrolet%20Build/DoubleNickel018.jpg

chevynut
05-14-2012, 03:28 PM
What the hell are you doing? Didn't you just finish that car? :confused:

567chevys
05-14-2012, 04:03 PM
What the hell are you doing? Didn't you just finish that car? :confused:

Wow why are you doing that ? I think that is one sweet set up , I think that makes any car Look BAD ASS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geoff
05-14-2012, 04:06 PM
This is just my opinion.. I think your car looks like a great pro-touring car but the blower looks a bit out of place.
The car is super sharp and the blower is a killer piece of gear, but I dont think they flow well together.
I have a feeling your car is about to look even sharper.....

Double Nickel
05-14-2012, 08:45 PM
Not diggin the blower to be honest about it. It may look kinda cool when the car has the Centerlines on it, but it builds a ton of heat, the car is louder than all hell, and I can't drive it where I want to go because it's not very street-able. Gonna grind a new cam for it to tighten the LSA and build it into a 565cubic inch 89 octane pump gas killer that's still going to make 650hp. Also gonna change the exhaust a bit and quieten it up. Then I'm gonna put a 5 speed in it and bang gears the way I like to. That and drive the thing where ever the hell I want to drive it while leaving the trailer at home.

I hate auto's and only did that because of the blower, but have now decided to swap it around. Sure it's down for a month while I screw around with it, but then it's gonna be the way I truly want it, and it will look better as a modified pro tour than a half cross over pro street build. It's stuck between the two realms and it's time to pick one direction or the other. Semi race car, or full on tour car. I want to do the power tour with this thing, not trailer it to Reno.

Nuff said...more when it's done.

Romax55
05-15-2012, 05:15 AM
I have to agree with you about cars not belonging on trailers , and the Rootes-type blower making too much heat for the street . Too many builders get the "look" and find the car's not streetable . Reminds me of that guy talking about watered-down beer , when he said , "If i wanted water , I'd ask for water". The same goes for trailer-queens ; If I wanted a trailer , I'd build a trailer . Our touring season is already too short , so you'd better get crackin' . Good luck with the change-up . Be safe...Bob.

56-210Sedan
05-18-2012, 06:01 AM
He He i can not tell a lie :) when i watched the video with the first ride and that blower screaming down the road, i was like a kid in a candy store with my grin :cool: now with that being said i am sure driving around everywhere has to be a test of ones patients and get annoying after a while.

Graeme i will put the word out around here on the blower.

Double Nickel
05-18-2012, 11:30 AM
Sounds good. I'm going to try a couple more things to run this engine cooler before I tear it down. I really don't want to kill my summer with the car so I'll try and see if my mindset changes over the next week or two before I start pulling it apart. Probably makes more sense for me to save the tear down until winter, just not sure I'll make it that long before it wears me thin. (lol)