PDA

View Full Version : Monte Carlo Swivel Seats

MightyMouse57
05-26-2012, 07:13 AM
I can get a really good deal on the front seats like these to put in my 57 2 door sedan, they are from a 76 or so Monte Carlo, they swivel and are in very good condition, material is a little different than the picture and they are really comfortable.

What do you guys think of the style for the 57? Will the shape of the back look okay?
https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRS3NfkdrH8UoW6sPRjwT33BMve33mv P8wawVahqZoKjlxXWX9pQ

Run-em
05-26-2012, 07:38 AM
They are really comfy, and if you don't like the high rise seat backs, you can pull the covers and modify the seat frames. Should be a simple upholstery shop job to get the covers re-sewn to match then.

chevynut
05-26-2012, 07:42 AM
I have never have been a fan of swiveling seats...and apparently not many others are either. What other car used them? None that I'm aware of, so they must not have been too popular. If you like them, go for it. ;)

Personally I don't like high-back seats in these cars. A headrest is marginally ok to me, but I prefer a lower seat back.

MightyMouse57
05-26-2012, 08:09 AM
I have never have been a fan of swiveling seats...and apparently not many others are either. What other car used them? None that I'm aware of, so they must not have been too popular. If you like them, go for it. ;)

Personally I don't like high-back seats in these cars. A headrest is marginally ok to me, but I prefer a lower seat back.

The high back is my only concern but they could be re-built if I don't like it, the swivel is nice and would be mostly for getting into the back seat.

At a recent car show I noticed most of the tri-fives are going with the bench or 60/40 split seats, are buckets going out of style?

56-210Sedan
05-27-2012, 03:47 PM
I like your thought of using them to get in to the back seat, as TriFives sometimes can test one in getting back there if you know what i mean LOL, if i remember correctly your 57 is a sedan so the high make may not be that big of deal JMO

MightyMouse57
05-27-2012, 07:33 PM
I like your thought of using them to get in to the back seat, as TriFives sometimes can test one in getting back there if you know what i mean LOL, if i remember correctly your 57 is a sedan so the high make may not be that big of deal JMO

Marty,
I can get these for around 300.00 for the pair so it is worth it to try them and see what they look like, plus they are in really good condition, my stock bench seat has a big section where a seam is coming apart, this also may force me to change the carpet and get rid of the shag.

56-210Sedan
05-27-2012, 08:50 PM
Rick, $300 to me seems a little pricey, again i have not seen them in person either. I paid $350 for Cadillac 12 way seats and that included the rear seat, so to me for the age of those seats i believe price wise you can do better JMO have you looked in to cost to reupholster your existing bench seat, just for comparison? any chance you can talk them down a bit? just trying to give you some ideas here. Bottom line if this is what YOU really want then i think you should move forward as it will be you that will be the CAPTAIN in those seats :cool: