Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: A little seat time cruising in the Double Nickel

Registered Member

Member #:133

A little seat time cruising in the Double Nickel

Was out cruising in my 55 tonight while a buddy cruised along side and caught a few shot's on his iPhone. That and a shameless plug at the end as the SEMA contest closes June 18th.

More real soon including some burnouts and gear ganging before I swap out the trans for a 6-speed T-56. Bought one yesterday from Summit! (Enjoy the sounds)

Member #:115
    I thought you were selling it? Are you sure you're not female?
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Registered Member

Nah...gonna keep it. I was on the fence about selling it while I start in on a 56 but struggled even listing it because there's a lot of blood and sweat in this car. Killed the sale last week and turned away a pretty decent six figure offer and will now convert the car away from a blower setup to make it drive-able on long haul trips. Bit the bullet on Monday and ordered a Tremec 6 Speed with all the McLeod goodies, and I'm going to pull it down soon to bump the compression, put a bigger camshaft in it, a Dart intake and a Chuck Nuytten 1050 Dominator up top. Bought the carb today and will trun this into a 700+ horsepower big block but naturally aspirated. Might put a bottle or two in the trunk as well just in case I run into a turbo car that wants to try and lay a lickin' on me.

I'll start tearing it down in a couple weeks. It's all good!

Member #:115
    Dang, and just think you could have come to Goodguys! We saw the fire when it just started from the Goodguys show parking lot. It's now over 70 square miles. It's been smoky here all week, and the entire mountainsides are black.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:226

Cool Go turbos????

Why not just go turbos? Not have to pull the motor down for new pistons? Oh, by the way, BOLO (be on the lookout for) a red 66 mustang, lowered, running a 632 blown Rodek Chevy --my best friend is building one.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Run-em View Post
    Why not just go turbos? Not have to pull the motor down for new pistons? Oh, by the way, BOLO (be on the lookout for) a red 66 mustang, lowered, running a 632 blown Rodek Chevy --my best friend is building one.
    Since the car's only going to be ran on the street and converted to a full pro tour, I'm going run the current 8.75:1 pistons and ordered a new camshaft yesterday from John Partridge at Bullet Cams. Having a solid roller ground to close the valves up so it'll build good cylinder pressure and won't need to bump the compression at all. Bought a new Dart intake for it yesterday and a Chuck Nuytten 1050 Dominator to top it all off. It'll still make an honest 650-700hp with boatloads of torque and will run on pump gas with two overdrive gears for highway cruising. Catch me if you can!

Registered Member

Here's a bit of an update on my 55. Removed the blower last year, freshened up the big block with bigger pistons, a new solid roller cam and a new intake with some serious carb work to dial it in. The Tremec T-56 is working great and the car hooks up better then I could of imagined. Here's a group of pics from the changes and a recent one with some new Weld Classic RT's and the taller 29" Hoosiers mounted up. Car made 713/732 through the breather on the engine dyno.

Last edited by Double Nickel; 08-11-2013 at 09:26 PM.

Registered Member carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)'s Avatar

Member #:33
    looking good.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.