Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need help on my 56 outside door handles

Member #:1474

Update with picture

Here are pictures of what the rods look like hooked up just hope the pictures are good.I did not use the clips to hold the rods in place I used 5/32 speed nuts . jeans 001.jpgjeans 002.jpgjeans 003.jpg
    Last edited by Ron; 05-11-2013 at 03:12 PM.
    56 Belair 350 4-speed

Member #:3151

I have same problem and about to tape out ot #6-32

I have a 4Dr HT also that is amost done with a complet restoration. found the rod from the latch to the outside door handle was corroded. I can't find a replacement rod but it looks like the thread is the same as on the rods that go up to the latch lock knobs on top of the door. So, I thought about if I could find some rod with the right thread I could bend the rest of the rod to length and fit. I think it would be easiest now to just tap out to #6-32 and weld a scew on the end to fit.

Registered Member

Member #:532
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Attachment 1121Attachment 1122

First off not sure if this is the right place to post these questions. Hope so.

I got my 56 4 door hardtop on ebay the door handles and side chrome where already off the car.
    I want to put the door handles back on the car plus the side chrome.
    I cannot find anybody who sells the rods that go from the outside door handles to the latch.
    I did find the piece that fits over the door handle that the rods hook to.
    I donot want used ones unles they are near perfect.

What i was wondering I am finding that the door locks and handles off from a 56-62 corvette
    are the same as the 56-57 4 door hardtop are the rods alo the same.

The other thing I have been looking for is the side chrome for the 4 door hardtop
    If I can find them it will be easy to put it back on the holes where not filled in just have a piece of tape over them
    Go on some of the Facebook Trifive pages and look up Thomas Sutton in Missouri. He most likely has all the parts you need right in one place. He fools with a lot of 4 door cars including converting several to 2 doors so he has lots of parts.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123