Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: My Truck build as requested by Sid

Member #:524
    After sanding here is what I had

After the first use of my slapper and dolly I sanded again and here what I have. As you can see the low area is getting smaller. Sanding between hammer and dolly work shows me were I need to concentrate.

Worked some more and sanded and had this.

Here what I accomplished the first day, still a lot of work to do but a fender that most would have trashed or covered with way too much filler will be used with very little filler when done. After I remove all the major of the dents I will red marker again and try to fix all the imperfections. All the red markets that are left need to be worked but as you can see there is a world of difference.

It just takes patience and work.
    These are the wheels that will be going on the truck. 18x7 front and 18x10 rear.

I just wanted to share my experience with Raptor Liner with you guys. Its my first time using this product and I must say I really like it. Its very easy to use and sprays great and was exactly what I was looking for. It dries fairly fast and looks good. I used it on the floor and the bottom of the toe board. It seams very durable so for people looking for something like this you can't beat it. I bought the 4 bottle kit, it comes with the hardener and the gun. I got mine on ebay.
    I will also be spraying it on the interior floor.

I mocked up the hydroboost unit and plumbed the brake lines.

Anyway I've been blocking the heck out of the cab. Its still not to my satisfaction but its getting there. Here is the firewall, its coming out pretty good but I want to block it a little more before paint. Its pretty straight but not where I want it.

I sprayed a test panel (glove box door) to see if I really like the color I picked for the truck. I showed it to the wifey to get her opinion. She likes it a lot and so do I. This will be the color of the truck if I can shoot it before I change my mind.lol I’m usually conservative in my color choice but I thought the truck needed some pop.

A forum buddy came up with a good idea. He asked me to put that panel next to my polish aluminum wheels and see if I liked the contrast. I like it a lot.

This truck will have no emblems, chrome, or stainless steel other than the grill and front bumper. So seeing the wheels and the contrast of the paint gave me an idea or how it will look. I think it will look good.
    I know its over kill but I base coat cleared the gas tank just because. No other reason.

Here is the tank installed between the frame rails.

I had a little me time and I went out and finished my fuel lines in the rear.

Corvette filter/regulator installed

Modified the tank a little for the in-tank fuel pump and lines.
    Last edited by BAM55; 04-04-2013 at 11:30 AM.

I knew I had to raise my bed floor 2 inches due to my c-notches. I was looking in metal yard for some scrape tubing and I could not find anything I liked, I decided to make my own 2 inch spacers. I try to keep things simple it makes life easier, but of course I will have to move the angle strips on the bed up 2 inches so that bed sits in the same spot as factory.
    I will use the bolt to hold the washers in place and then weld it together.

Here is one of the spacers completed. I will need six of them for the three cross sills.

I welded the spacers to the frame.

Just checking cross sill bolt alignment.

Finished and repainted.

Before I mount the bed I have to move the angle strips up two inches and bed should fit like factory but the floor will be two inches higher.

I had to stop working on the truck at this point due to my wifes honey do list. I'm remodeling a bathroom but if I do anything of note I will be sure to post.
    Last edited by BAM55; 04-03-2013 at 01:17 PM.

Member #:39
    Nice work Bam

Member #:3
    Very Nice Bam

Nice work and welcome Back !!!!
    My goal is to Keep it mean and Clean !!!!!

Sid

1955 2 DR Post
    1937 Chevy Coupe
    2023 Ford Super Duty F350 TREMOR
    2019 Corvette Z06
    1955 Chevy Nomad
    1935 Ford 2dr Slant back I have 4

Member #:436
    Looking good Bam glad to see you'r build here. Going to have a lot of question's for you as you know I have just started to do the metal work on a 55 big window.Will have to get a thread started so you can see what I'm doing.

Member #:436
    Quote Originally Posted by 567chevys View Post
    Very Nice Bam

Sid
    That's the way we want it sid and this site will grow.

Quote Originally Posted by 5Clint7 View Post
    Nice work Bam
    Quote Originally Posted by 567chevys View Post
    Very Nice Bam

Sid
    Thanks guys, building these things is a long journey and I can't wait to reach my destination. But I know I will start another project.lol

Quote Originally Posted by smooth 56 View Post
    Looking good Bam glad to see you'r build here. Going to have a lot of question's for you as you know I have just started to do the metal work on a 55 big window.Will have to get a thread started so you can see what I'm doing.
    Smooth56,

You can ask me anything buddy, and if I know that answer I will be more than happy to share. There is not a piece on this truck that I have not touched in some way.lol Its just ridiculous. I should have started out with a better truck.
    Last edited by BAM55; 04-04-2013 at 11:31 AM.

Registered Member

Member #:1450
    That is some beautifull work you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by convert1957 View Post
    That is some beautifull work you did there.
    Thanks you man its greatly appreciated.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast