Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: I need some trim....

Registered Member

Member #:238

I need some trim....

The fact is that Danchuk makes a lot of reproduction trim parts for our cars and I need some....

What pieces do they make that are good or really good?

I've personally seen these parts and they are nice:

• Hardtop door handles
    • '55 grill surround moldings (I was going to buy these or the Gene Smith version but ended up having my really nice originals re-plated because they fit my car perfectly)
    • '55 Parking light bezels

My list is short just because I don't have a lot of information. What other stuff does Danchuk do really well?
    I'm not a Danchuk rah-rah, but this is not intended to be a bash-Danchuk thread, so please don't go there. This hobby would be a lot tougher and more expensive without them.

Member #:115
    Danchuk makes some pretty nice stuff. I bought a hood bar and hood bar extensions from them and they fit better than my original ones. I posted about one good experience and one bad experience I had with them, which was brought up again yesterday.

I think it's hit and miss. You might get them to send you nice parts, or they might be junk. Their quality control is lacking, or their standards aren't very high. If you can, I 'd consider buying parts you can actually look at. Find out where they or one of their dealers is going to be at a show or something.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax