Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: best bucket seats for a 57 Belair

Registered Member

Member #:3441

Cad Buckets seat track for 57 Chevy

I saw your response to SGreg831 when googling "best Bucket Seats for 57 Chevy". I'm going to try and locate some Black Leather Cad Buckets at your suggestion. I would be interested in the seat mounts / tracks you mentioned. I also saw a yellow and white 55 Chevy with the Cad seats in beige or brown and was interested to know where the rest of the interior was done (console, door panels, etc). Not sure if this was your's or not.
    Thanks for any info.
    My email address is RoyErbschloe@gmail.com, just in case this New Site sign-on doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    Welcome to the site sgreg831!

Personally I like the late 90's to 2002 Cadillac Eldorado buckets. They are little larger-looking than a lot of other bucket seats, have 12-way power (with lumbar) and heat (if you want it), and fit well in these cars. There are a few others here who have used them too. I tried using a pair of Lexus seats, but they just looked to small in the car so I'm keeping them for another project. I built my own seat mounts that you can see in the pic below. I had a few other guys who wanted them, so I made several sets of them that I'm selling as a kit. The seat tracks need to be modified slightly, and only two holes need to be drilled in the floor for the inboard mount to make sure the seat is secure for safety reasons. The outboard mount is a bolt-in. I have a couple more sets left if you're interested. They may actually work with other seats with some modification.

Here's the 2000 Eldorado seats in my Nomad.

Attachment 2422

Member #:115
    Roy, the car is a 56 Sedan and it's not mine. It belongs to Allen McEntire. He's also a member here "races14".

http://www.cruisenewsonline.com/1956...vyFeature.html
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Registered Member

Member #:2643
    Another vote for the Eldorado seats! These are in my '57. I can't imagine a factory bucket seat that is better proportioned for a trifive, and the power adjustments are great to have, and at $50 each, you can't beat it. My '97 seats were very easy to get powered up and working, even with the memory on the driver's seat.

Registered Member

Member #:3504
    Hello Chevynut, this is an old post so I'm hoping you see this. I'm currently restoring my 57 2 Dr ht and was wondering what type of backseat would match up with the Eldorado buckets ? Thanks, Bob Blazek aka Blazin57

Registered Member

Member #:1615
    I used the back seat from the same cadillac. My upholstery man used the original 56 back seat bottom frame and part of the caddy
    seat. You can see some of his work in my album toward the end.

Allen
    Allen & Linda McEntire

Member #:115
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazin57 View Post
    Hello Chevynut, this is an old post so I'm hoping you see this. I'm currently restoring my 57 2 Dr ht and was wondering what type of backseat would match up with the Eldorado buckets ? Thanks, Bob Blazek aka Blazin57
    Bob, I sent you an e-mail about the seat mount kit which is on my website. As for a rear seat, I opted to build a seat from scratch for my Nomad since I wanted a full-length console in the car. I got the Eldorado rear seat when I bought my buckets but decided not to use it in the Nomad. I think Allen's car shows what it looks like very well.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Registered Member

Member #:3525
    I might be bringing this 57 210 home next week. Owner doesn't know what full size car the seats are out of. I'm thinking mid-60's Chevy?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #:3217
    Cypress bog.... I think your buckets are from a Chevelle (60's).. but could be from another GM car...

Registered Member

Member #:3525
    That sounds about right. I like the buckets better than the stock bench seat and it looks like a popular conversion.
    2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4X4
    2011 Nitro Detonator 4X4
    2009 Crossroads 5th wheel 27' RV
    1968 Chevy C-30 with 9 foot long step side bed
    1957 Chevy 210 post

HEI Distributors are pointless

Registered Member

Member #:625
    That chrome trim wrapped around back looks like 62-65 Impala stuff.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast