Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FENDERS, TRUNK, DOOR SKIN AND ONE PIECE FULL FLOOR

Member #:3
    That Just makes me sick that someone thinks that they can just sell S#*t !!!
    Let us know what brand they are , Hope you dont mine but I'm going to make your pictures bigger .

Thanks Sid

1955 2 DR Post
    1937 Chevy Coupe
    2023 Ford Super Duty F350 TREMOR
    2019 Corvette Z06
    1955 Chevy Nomad
    1935 Ford 2dr Slant back I have 4

Member #:1704
    No manufacturer name on the parts. I guess they were really proud of them.
    1955 2D HT, 1957 2D Sedan, 2004 Z06 Corvette, http://s1070.photobucket.com/user/OL...?sort=3&page=0

Member #:1704
    Correction - they are Real Deal Steel.
    1955 2D HT, 1957 2D Sedan, 2004 Z06 Corvette, http://s1070.photobucket.com/user/OL...?sort=3&page=0

Registered Member

Member #:571
    Uh oh.

Registered Member

Member #:532
    Quote Originally Posted by OLKY55 View Post
    Correction - they are Real Deal Steel.
    Wow they suck for sure! Unless Sherman sells a full one piece for a Sedan that's all that's out there though. I looked on their site and couldn't find anything. They must be getting complaints as Restoworld had this on their siteyb.jpg My only thought is to save money they only built a stamping die for the front section and use the rear section from a hardtop and splice it in ?

Member #:115
    Bluegrass, I'm afraid you might be right. Either that or their die size is limited, and that's the only way they can make them. But they do make 55 full sedan quarters, so imo that's unlikely.

I think these guys are nuts or have very poor market research. They cut corners on these quarters that lots of people need, but they spend the money to make full 4-door quarters. Do they really think there's a big market for 4-door quarters? They should have made 2-door WAGON quarters before making the 4-door stuff.

It's the same crap with 56 repop bumpers. People either seem to want stock-like 3-piece bumpers, or smoothies. But all they make is 3-piece or 1-piece ("California") bumpers. The one-piece ones look just like the 3-piece when the guards are bolted on. WTF are these people thinking?
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Registered Member

Member #:532
    Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    Bluegrass, I'm afraid you might be right. Either that or their die size is limited, and that's the only way they can make them. But they do make 55 full sedan quarters, so imo that's unlikely.

I think these guys are nuts or have very poor market research. They cut corners on these quarters that lots of people need, but they spend the money to make full 4-door quarters. Do they really think there's a big market for 4-door quarters? They should have made 2-door WAGON quarters before making the 4-door stuff.

It's the same crap with 56 repop bumpers. People either seem to want stock-like 3-piece bumpers, or smoothies. But all they make is 3-piece or 1-piece ("California") bumpers. The one-piece ones look just like the 3-piece when the guards are bolted on. WTF are these people thinking?
    I don't think they are thinking. Actually Ecklers and RealDeal don't make that real clear, it's there but in the details at the bottom. If you just look at the picture it's hard to see the splice line.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12