Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Classic Edge Designs, LLC Prime Custom Cars, LLC MadMooks
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What would you like to see new on TriFiveChevys.com?

Registered Member

Member #:571
    You have attracted virtually no big name sponsors,
    I thought the "no big name sponsors" was on purpose. Do you need big name sponsors? It's also my understanding that Sid isn't in this for the money, unlike Otis and Tony - who may not have been from the start, but it turned out that way.

Good luck to anyone who expects people to start posting answers to questions before they are asked. Geez.
    Last edited by Rick_L; 10-20-2019 at 08:29 PM.

Member #:3
    You are Correct Rick

Chevy nut does not pay A Dime
    Prime Custom Cars LLC pays Nothing but think the site is dead , Link goes to nowhere .
    MADMOOKS Pays Nothing

Paid Sponsorship is Not welcome here
    Just need more people to Contribute

Thanks Sid

1955 2 DR Post
    1937 Chevy Coupe
    2019 Ford Suoer Duty F350
    2018 Ford Explorer
    1955 Chevy Nomad
    1934 Plymouth PE Coupe

Member #:3217
    I don't know if I've ever read/heard what Sid's motivation was in beginning this site, but since he doesn't solicit (or allow?) ads, doesn't solicit 'paid memberships', etc.. It would seem to me that Sid's motivation (for this site) is OTHER than making money on it. Since I've never started such a site, I have NO idea what the monthly cost is, but what I do know is that attempting to read threads on the 'other site' is a pain having to go thru all the ads with each button click, even if just following a single thread.

Thank you Sid. There may be a relatively small number of us here, but we DO APPRECIATE your having this site, and if you asked *(or told) us to make a contribution, then I for one would do so. I'm an enthusiast (*for the automobiles and working on them). I do not get enthused over someone 'pretending' to be an enthusiast (just to make a buck), as the other site was apparently begun for. There are some good people who support and provide responses on the other site, but I can't say that I appreciate the founder or the *moderators* there.

Final note: Some people just like to BITCH even if it doesn't affect them... and a tiny number of those bitchers even choose a name for themselves which describes their attitude..

Keep on keeping on!!

Member #:115
    I left Chevytalk years ago because the owner (Tony) wouldn't allow anyone to post want ads or things for sale, unless you were a paying "supporting member". I recall getting chastized for posting pictures of C4 frames I was building for other guys in my spare time even before I had a real business set up. The final straw for me was when a guy asked if anyone knew where he could get a hood for his car because his was damaged when it flew open on the highway, and someone offered to help him find one. Both guys got slammed for that. I defended the guy trying to help and said I disagreed with the policy on the issue. What good is a site if you can't help each other with problems or finding parts? The site owner said if I didn't like the rules I could leave...so I did. Later he asked me to come back, and I did briefly until someone said I should start a shop after I retired and I said I was thinking about it so apparently I was "advertizing" and again got chastized for it. I told Tony to stick it and left for good.

Then I went to Trifive.com after Otis got blasted for posting about the new site he started on Chevytalk. Lots of guys bailed CT and Trifive started growing. Over the course of 5 years I was there I saw an increasing use of censorship and control. They would just edit your posts or even delete them without saying anything to you. This happened repeatedly to me and I started getting pretty tired of it. Site "rules" were not uniformly enforced and the whiners who bitched to Otis got people banned, or had their posts deleted. Some of those whiners came here early on and tried to have posts deleted here too, but Sid didn't do it. The final straw there for me was when Otis tried to force me to delete a post I made in the "chit chat" forum that didn't violate any written rules. I refused. He and I got into it and I told him where he could shove it. That was my last interaction on that site and I haven't logged in since 2012. The same gestapo clowns still run the site even after the sale, so I don't post there and I rarely even look at the site anymore. It's now full of annoying, irrelevant ads. Otis told me repeatedly that he was running the site because of the love of the cars, not the money. I think that was a blatant lie, and he intended to sell it from day one.

So I ended up here early on, in around 2012 and have been trying to help build the site ever since. There's virtually no censorship, and issues get resolved by the members. You can post politics or almost anything else you want to post about in the correct forum. Some guys get their panties bunched up when they see off-topic stuff, but that's too bad imo because they don't have to read it if they don't want to. One guy recently didn't like the pics of the go-carts and other non-tri5 stuff, but nobody forced him to look at them....I guess he was "offended" and left. The Bitchin' guy complained about the lack of content, but he never really added anything of value here. He apparently expects others to post stuff for his entertainment and refused to post his project progress here when I asked him to in private. Yet he Bitches because there's not enough activity here.

I personally appreciate the fact that we have a place to post our stuff, without censorship, and with minimal rules. You can see by the "views" on various topics that there are a lot of people reading posts here, but they don't become members for some reason. Those who do become members sometimes never post at all. I wish we could get more member to post about their projects and offer help to others. Some guys here don't even welcome new members, and almost never post their own car pics or discuss stuff they're working on and prefer to criticize what others do. That's pretty sad. We're still not at "critical mass", but the site is still growing slowly. We just need more active participation and it will attract more members. IMO.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

You can see my 56 Nomad build here http://www.picturetrail.com/chevynut

For affordable C4 Corvette Suspension conversions for your car, visit http://www.classicedgedesigns.com

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax

Member #:1653
    Quote Originally Posted by 567chevys View Post
    You are Correct Rick

Chevy nut does not pay A Dime
    Prime Custom Cars LLC pays Nothing but think the site is dead , Link goes to nowhere .
    MADMOOKS Pays Nothing

Paid Sponsorship is Not welcome here
    Just need more people to Contribute

Thanks Sid
    Well, my link is dead thanks to my server bailing on me. I had it with Godaddy originally. I was asked if I wanted a free method of having my site online and after some deep consideration, agreed. The change was made and all rocked along fine until the owner of the server decided to remove themselves from our agreement. I was not in a position financially to move it back to Godaddy and at the time was in the throws of some serious health and family issues and didn't transfer it in time. I do appreciate you continuing to carry it in your site page. If you need to remove it, feel free to do so though.

Member #:3477
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitchin'57 View Post
    I know that what I'm about to say will be seen as brutal (or worse), but its my honest opinion and observation, and while they may not matter to some here, I couldn't care less what they think, so here goes.
    If you shut down this site tomorrow, only about 15 or so of the members that post here on a frequent to somewhat frequent basis will miss it. While I admire your gumption and tenacity to start up a new website forum to compete with the behemoth known as trifive.com, I don't see how it makes any sense to keep it going. You have attracted virtually no big name sponsors, the daily post rate is pathetic, and like I mentioned, there is just a tiny core of active members that do 90% of the posting. At some point, you have to ask yourself, why do I keep throwing good money, valuable time and effort into this endeavor? And judging by your statement quoted above, it looks as though that thought has already crossed your mind. You know, there's a rule of thumb regarding a new startup business, and that is, if its not profitable after 3 years, "take it behind the barn, and shoot it". Remember, no one will fault you for doing the right thing.
    Sir, a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step, and there is no time requirement to get to your destination.

You are indeed a "Bitchin57".

Sid, been to both sites, and would rather be here.

Scorp
    Last edited by scorpion1110; 10-21-2019 at 10:15 AM. Reason: and
    Scorp

Rides:

1955 Chevy 2-door Wagon
    1967 MGB GT
    1970 Honda Trail 70
    1974 Yamaha 175 Enduro
    2004 Tacoma 4x4

I lost my best friend on 10/3/2018. Rest in Peace Dear Lucy. I miss you everyday.

Member #:3477
    Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    I left Chevytalk years ago because the owner (Tony) wouldn't allow anyone to post want ads or things for sale, unless you were a paying "supporting member". I recall getting chastized for posting pictures of C4 frames I was building for other guys in my spare time even before I had a real business set up. The final straw for me was when a guy asked if anyone knew where he could get a hood for his car because his was damaged when it flew open on the highway, and someone offered to help him find one. Both guys got slammed for that. I defended the guy trying to help and said I disagreed with the policy on the issue. What good is a site if you can't help each other with problems or finding parts? The site owner said if I didn't like the rules I could leave...so I did. Later he asked me to come back, and I did briefly until someone said I should start a shop after I retired and I said I was thinking about it so apparently I was "advertizing" and again got chastized for it. I told Tony to stick it and left for good.

Then I went to Trifive.com after Otis got blasted for posting about the new site he started on Chevytalk. Lots of guys bailed CT and Trifive started growing. Over the course of 5 years I was there I saw an increasing use of censorship and control. They would just edit your posts or even delete them without saying anything to you. This happened repeatedly to me and I started getting pretty tired of it. Site "rules" were not uniformly enforced and the whiners who bitched to Otis got people banned, or had their posts deleted. Some of those whiners came here early on and tried to have posts deleted here too, but Sid didn't do it. The final straw there for me was when Otis tried to force me to delete a post I made in the "chit chat" forum that didn't violate any written rules. I refused. He and I got into it and I told him where he could shove it. That was my last interaction on that site and I haven't logged in since 2012. The same gestapo clowns still run the site even after the sale, so I don't post there and I rarely even look at the site anymore. It's now full of annoying, irrelevant ads. Otis told me repeatedly that he was running the site because of the love of the cars, not the money. I think that was a blatant lie, and he intended to sell it from day one.

So I ended up here early on, in around 2012 and have been trying to help build the site ever since. There's virtually no censorship, and issues get resolved by the members. You can post politics or almost anything else you want to post about in the correct forum. Some guys get their panties bunched up when they see off-topic stuff, but that's too bad imo because they don't have to read it if they don't want to. One guy recently didn't like the pics of the go-carts and other non-tri5 stuff, but nobody forced him to look at them....I guess he was "offended" and left. The Bitchin' guy complained about the lack of content, but he never really added anything of value here. He apparently expects others to post stuff for his entertainment and refused to post his project progress here when I asked him to in private. Yet he Bitches because there's not enough activity here.

I personally appreciate the fact that we have a place to post our stuff, without censorship, and with minimal rules. You can see by the "views" on various topics that there are a lot of people reading posts here, but they don't become members for some reason. Those who do become members sometimes never post at all. I wish we could get more member to post about their projects and offer help to others. Some guys here don't even welcome new members, and almost never post their own car pics or discuss stuff they're working on and prefer to criticize what others do. That's pretty sad. We're still not at "critical mass", but the site is still growing slowly. We just need more active participation and it will attract more members. IMO.
    I dont always agree with you CN, but you nailed it.

Well said.

Scorp
    Scorp

Rides:

1955 Chevy 2-door Wagon
    1967 MGB GT
    1970 Honda Trail 70
    1974 Yamaha 175 Enduro
    2004 Tacoma 4x4

I lost my best friend on 10/3/2018. Rest in Peace Dear Lucy. I miss you everyday.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456