Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: throttle linkage problem

Registered Member

Member #:1957

Question throttle linkage problem

1956 chevy with 454 the linkage lever that the rod to the carburator seems to slip down behind the engine where lever from inside the car conects to the 0ne behind the the engine looks like ther are to or more bolts that hold it to the fire wall would that lever come out from inside the car or back of the engine out, going to try to unbolt it. will take the valve cover to get more room behind there. if that doesnt work what kind of a after market pedal would work.-----------------------. Challenged--------and in over my head.

Registered Member

Member #:625
    I run an orgihal peddle and lever with a custom heims joint rod on my 55 BBC with 2x4 tunnel ram. Similar heims joint rod setup on 56 with 3x2 carbs.

Member #:115
    Lokar and Billet Specialties both make direct bolt-in cable-style linkages. I think they work a lot better than the original pedal and lever, especially for a BBC application. I did an old school one with a lever and cable out of a 66 Pontiac LeMans and it worked well.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:226
    Think the salvage yard - for about a 1988 up Chevy truck cable/pedal assembly might work.

Banned

Member #:1708
    I agree with cnut on this one. I changed over to the Lokar cable system and peddle. You can ajust the peddle to any height that suits your foot for comfort. The cable is clean looking and so easy to set up.
    Also , if I remember correct the bolts holding the bracket on the fire wall does not have nuts on the inside and can be taken off without taking off the covers with a socket wrench.