Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Classic Edge Designs, LLC Prime Custom Cars, LLC MadMooks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thread topics that routinely come up

Member #:1608

Thread topics that routinely come up

Was thinking about things that might help this site. Routine projects that come up when building these cars. Installing A/C, PS, PB, Lowering ect...I know most of these topics have already been written up and posted on the other sites, but does that property belong to that site or is it belong to the person? Anyway, I think it would be valuable to this site if those write ups were here...similar to the calculators.

Member #:1653
    I don't think it belongs to the site. What we freely give as information belongs to all. So, if you have a particular post that you started or for that matter, any member here has a post that falls into these types of categories from other sites, I would encourage posting it here too.

Member #:115
    I had done a writeup on making your own smoothie bumpers and it was posted on the other site. I have since changed my picturetrail site around, so all the pics have been deleted. I was going to write one up for this site, but I wasn't sure there was any interest. Smoothie bumpers are available for 55's for a decent price, but still none for the 56's.

What kind of stuff do you want to see? I could write something up on C4 suspensions, listing the choices in years, D44 vs D36, and other stuff for conversions. I really can't comment much on disc brake conversions, and bolt-ons for stock frames.

I saw a bunch of bad information about coilovers spread around on the other site a while ago. Stuff like that needs to be shot down, because it leads people to make bad decisions.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

You can see my 56 Nomad build here http://www.picturetrail.com/chevynut

For affordable C4 Corvette Suspension conversions for your car, visit http://www.classicedgedesigns.com

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax

Member #:115
    One of the most frequent topics that comes up is wheel and tire sizing...that's why I made the spreadsheet for calculating clearances.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

You can see my 56 Nomad build here http://www.picturetrail.com/chevynut

For affordable C4 Corvette Suspension conversions for your car, visit http://www.classicedgedesigns.com

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax

Im putting a Gen 4 VA unit in my car, so going to take pics and show progress. I would say most guys are looking at typical mods, disc brakes, side motor mounts, headers, lowering of cars, power steering, fire wall holes ect... There are those opportunities for some who what C4 stuff or aftermarket frames or maybe open their thoughts in a different direction. Just looking at ways to create value. Especially if someone is visiting! The hope is they join.

Member #:2017
    I have quite a few threads written up on various metal working/rust repairs, etc. that I would be glad to post here. Didn't know if there was any interest, I was kinda showing some of the stuff in answering some questions, but by all means I could post up some threads as well...

Anything in particular anyone is looking for?
    Last edited by MP&C; 12-26-2013 at 05:48 PM.
    Robert

MP&C Shop Projects-Metalshaping Tutorials

Instagram @ mccartney_paint_and_custom

Registered Member

Member #:571
    I understand building up a library of sticky posts here, but you can also post a link to another site.

MP&C has posted some of his metalworking and metal repair articles on several sites. One way to do this is to copy and paste and save it on your hard drive. Then you can post it again if you want to.

Chevynut, maybe you could start with a cooling system restrictor article. LOL.

If Rick idea of saving your write ups works, then maybe each person start a new thread and just paste in the address to the original? That seems pretty simple to me...no sense in re-creating the wheel.

Robert anything you could add would be great. Most folks come across rockers that need replacement or rear tail pan. Mini tubs is popular one.

Member #:1653
    I would hope the intent would be to create a post resident here so that when someone did a google search possibly, it would be on the first page of hits and would give the site the chance of being viewed. I have no idea, but I'm not certain a link to another site would provide that hit. Growth comes from real information - if it doesnt show up in the first five listings after a search it may not in most cases get viewed. Google words in the site would create the hit here and if the HOW TO were in a section by itself then you get a read and possibly a member.

MARKETING - Create something the other guy doesn't have and make it well known.

JMHO

[QUOTE=NCW;15732]I would hope the intent would be to create a post resident here so that when someone did a google search possibly, it would be on the first page of hits and would give the site the chance of being viewed. I have no idea, but I'm not certain a link to another site would provide that hit. Growth comes from real information - if it doesnt show up in the first five listings after a search it may not in most cases get viewed. Google words in the site would create the hit here and if the HOW TO were in a section by itself then you get a read and possibly a member.

MARKETING - Create something the other guy doesn't have and make it well known.

JMHO[/QUOTE

Couldn't agree more!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast