Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nomad Rotting

Member #:54

Nomad Rotting

I have driven by this for 30 years and he guy just wont part with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Toonman; 02-21-2014 at 11:04 PM.
    Rob the ToonMan
    Custom Automotive Cartoons
    http://www.chevytrucks.org/squatch-art

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sasquatch ... 6556271277

56 Chevy Cameo
    56 Chevy Panel Truck
    56 Chevy 210 Beauville Wagon
    63 Trailorboat Teardrop

Registered Member carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)'s Avatar

Member #:33
    that is a shame. his car and if it makes him happy.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.

Member #:115
    Someone is probably saying the same thing about mine.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Registered Member

Member #:407
    My 56 sat behind my parents house for many years and in my barn for 28 years before it hit the road.

Member #:2021
    Whats the deal with these guys, with the tri-five nomads?I have a buddy who has one in great orig condition covered with a tarp, with in bulding that has no doors on it. Every 20 years or so he gets it out uncovers it and says "roofs gettin bad again"the roof has a "dry state" tarp; so water goes right thru it,He is a good guy but , in my estimation "dumber than box of rocks" Saddest part is the rest of the kar [in its entierty] is stil new. Its 55 and he has a everything for it.funny thing my wife jus told me this am,"gomers on a one man scooter now" hes in fla retired. If you would ever met him .if you are 6'6" you'd have to look up at him to talk to.... him"big lots of muscles When hes says "no i won't sell it"
    i feel sorry for the kar he has others.too bad isn't it bob
    i

Member #:1653
    I can't tell you how many cars I have stopped by year after year and asked about selling it. Once, I got tired of asking and took a picture of a finished car that started much like the owners pile of rotting steel, knocked on door only to be met by the wife. I inquired about the car and she replied he always intended to restore it, I told him to sell it and now he's gone. Will you just get it off the property please. I kept the picture to myself, kindly removed it from her property and disposed of it as scrap.

Member #:115
    Bob, I'm sure the car could be bought at the right price. Almost anything has a price at which it could be bought, but it might not be what you think it's worth. If you want it, make him an offer...if he won't take it, keep raising the price. I'll guarantee he will sell it. Same goes for you, Toon. Try it. And if he decides he won't sell it at any price, I guess that's his choice, but I'll bet he will.

Mine hasn't been on the road since 1973 when I bought it for $550. But it's ALWAYS been indoors in dry storage. It's mine, and I can do with it what I want. If I decided to take it to a crusher tomorrow, I think that would be my prerogative. There's no law on the books for "car cruelty" that I know of.

I have ZERO intentions of selling my car. It's NOT for sale, and my position TODAY is that it never will be. Now if someone offered me a REALLY stupid price for it, who knows....I might sell it.

I'm thinking mine will be painted this year, and at least partially assembled. I just bought 4 slightly different cans of paint so I can choose a final color, and then finalize my second exterior color and interior leather colors. The interior construction is about 50% completed....maybe more. I've tried to do as much as I can before paint so the assembly goes quicker. And it's NOT for sale.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    Bob, I'm sure the car could be bought at the right price. Almost anything has a price at which it could be bought, but it might not be what you think it's worth. If you want it, make him an offer...if he won't take it, keep raising the price. I'll guarantee he will sell it. Same goes for you, Toon. Try it. And if he decides he won't sell it at any price, I guess that's his choice, but I'll bet he will.

Mine hasn't been on the road since 1973 when I bought it for $550. But it's ALWAYS been indoors in dry storage. It's mine, and I can do with it what I want. If I decided to take it to a crusher tomorrow, I think that would be my prerogative. There's no law on the books for "car cruelty" that I know of.

I have ZERO intentions of selling my car. It's NOT for sale, and my position TODAY is that it never will be. Now if someone offered me a REALLY stupid price for it, who knows....I might sell it.

I'm thinking mine will be painted this year, and at least partially assembled. I just bought 4 slightly different cans of paint so I can choose a final color, and then finalize my second exterior color and interior leather colors. The interior construction is about 50% completed....maybe more. I've tried to do as much as I can before paint so the assembly goes quicker. And it's NOT for sale.
    Sorry laz I wasn't trying to rattle anybodys cage here. I have known this guy over 30 years HE WON'T SELL IT! He doesn't need the money ....let alone the kar. Stupid money comes only from Stupid people.I assume they are out there .but after all my years . i have yet to get one in my personal company, to hand me stupid money. And really having A kar since 73.......i would never guess on this situation, but my guess!, were it to be, would be . This nomad may never get finished. it just don't happen that way.
    I do know i have met guys who have these kars....gomer being one. are the type of guy that jus has this particular kar.[whatever the make] so he can be "jus one of the guys" that have had their cars done and moved on to a different make.probably not really knowing anything, about how to build one for himself. jmho
    Opinions are like a-holes everybody has one.me included. see ya bob s

[QUOTE=chevynut;17020]Someone is probably saying the same thing about mine. [/QUOTE

Probably!!! chevynut

Registered Member

Member #:2100
    I have a neighbor who keeps trying to get my 57 for nothing and complains it's rotting....I have an easy cure for him.If it bugs him so much I will gladly accept donations to restore it.Anyone who knows me very well knows,if my tri-fives are leaving then I must be dead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast