Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Smoke Stories!!!

Member #:1653
    Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    Cool story Joey. You must have a badass car!
    It runs quite well.

Member #:1608
    Quote Originally Posted by NCW View Post
    It runs quite well.

Wait until its boosted! Rocket Man and still be a streetable car! Gotta love pump gas motors lol!

Well yesterday went for some frozen yogurt and a little cruising. I am at a light turning right when this black mustang who is turning left from the opposite direction guns it as he goes by me. Well i catch em, pull up next to the two guys. He punches it and they start laughing. I couldn't help myself! I pulled up next to them in second gear and nail it...well pull him hard. We catch the light. They say they like my car then ask me if I can spin the tires! I told him mine wouldn't probably spin the tires and it wasn't that fast lol! Well he starts power braking his car and smoking up the tires. By this time there are cars all around us. I couldn't allow them to show up an old car! He was still smoking the tires and I told him when the light turn green to hit it! Anyway light turns green and I let him go first...well the front end goes up and the next thing he heard was the sound of a 427 sbc passing him up! No contest. I passed him with ease and held my arm out the window, ;like where you at? At the next light folks were giving me the thumbs up...anyway he stayed behind me for the next couple of miles...Such fun!

Member #:225
    Welp... I have one from my high school years in Bend Oregon, circa 1973-4. I had a pretty bad 67 GTO. 400, 4 speed, Crane "Fireball" cam.. 4:11's... I figured I was the bad boy of town. Then I met up with a Marina Blue 66 Chevelle SS396. I have no idea what this guy had in that BB, but, I can tell you this pimple face kid got his DOORS BLOWN OFF. Later I installed a Tri-power off a '65 GTO and I fixed the stock Delco distributor with a really trick (hey, this is the early 70's) dual point distributor from NAPA auto.. These two things actually made a significant difference for the Goat.. I never found that Chevelle again, but, I put a major hurt'n on a 70(?) Super Bee with the big air-grabber hood.

Good story Mike, keep em coming!

Registered Member rockytopper R.I.P 5-13-2017's Avatar

Member #:1884
    Thanks for the warning JT. I know what 56 belair not to mess with in DFW lol. You ever take it to the track? If so what has she run?
    This thread would be better with some video.
    Rocky

Quote Originally Posted by rockytopper View Post
    Thanks for the warning JT. I know what 56 belair not to mess with in DFW lol. You ever take it to the track? If so what has she run?
    This thread would be better with some video.
    Rocky
    Yes I did take it to Denton a few weeks ago...I N/T it, but its in low 7's without boost. My goal with the Procharger is between 6.0 to 6.5 in the 1/8! Should be capable of doing that. I really dont look to mess with the old cars, unless they ask for it. Pretty much the new car guys.

Well the track was closed yesterday so decided to take the BelAir to a car show and hang with some buddies. So I am driving on Interstate 30 in the far right lane going about 60 when this guy in a new Challenger with a Hemi pulls next to me and revs the motor and just smiles. Well I shook my head and said he didn't want any...guess what he revs the motor again. Closest cars were about 1/2 mile from us... Needless to say I dropped her out of OD and pulled up next to him and counted 1, 2, 3 I let him take the hit and dropped the hammer. Let just say double digits of ProCharger boost and a shot of water/meth injection to cool the charge...he was a small image in the mirror. I slowed down for him but he never came up. So I guess a guy that was behind us in a new camaro saw the smoke...well I see him pulling hard to catch up to me. He pulls next to me. I guess to show me the SS badges on his car lol. I guess he thinks he wants some. He smiles and gives the 3 honks! Then its by by baby! I slow down and he comes next to me and say WOW! I bet he is either going to spend more money to make it fast or be a little humble around these old "Field Cars".

Member #:115
    Awesome JT!
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    Awesome JT!
    Worth all the time and money building it for sure! If you ever around Dallas I will take you for a spin!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast